Cant Record With Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Cant Record With Traktor Pro

I recently got the Traktor Kontrol s2 with Traktor Pro 2 included. But the record button is not clickable and i couldn't find anything online that could help. Any suggestions?

Are you wanting to record a loop or a mix?

loop = controller

Mix record = software
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Convert

Mix

In that case it is the software. That button you are pushing is for recording and playing back loops on the fly.

Easiest way to have record at your finger tips is to map a key on your keyboard for it, or just use your mouse at the start of you mix.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Convert

How would I do that?

Keep it simple mate, just use your mouse.

top right hand corner, where the effects section is you will see a pic of a tape, click on that and it will open up the record box. Push record, mix. when finished, push stop.

best to change the settings so that you have the longest available record option, not at my laptop so cant remember what the size is but this image will help. - split file size at the maximum option.

Last edited by Zaniac; 02-20-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Tech Convert

Thank-You!!

Your welcome

Also before you record, make sure you are not clipping and recording the mix too hot. Best way to set up the Gain, is to put a track in both decks, run all your effects and check the left and right channels, (found in the record section) are not hitting the red. Just adjust the gain accordingly.

p.s. also make sure your are recording internally if you are using the s2

What a nice guy you are Zaniac! Going through all that trouble to help out. 1000 good samaritan points to you sir.

Welcome to DJTT react123.

I highly reccomend reading the Traktor manual which can be found under the help tab (when not in full screen) and using it as a reference when you are unfamiliar with things. Hell I printed mine out and put it in a binder as I like having a hard copy to look at The Traktor Bible is also an invaluable resource that I highly reccomend purchasing. These two items will answer the majority of questions anyone would have about Traktor.

If you have trouble with anything most of us here are happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    What a nice guy you are Zaniac! Going through all that trouble to help out. 1000 good samaritan points to you sir.

Welcome to DJTT react123.

I highly reccomend reading the Traktor manual which can be found under the help tab (when not in full screen) and using it as a reference when you are unfamiliar with things. Hell I printed mine out and put it in a binder as I like having a hard copy to look at The Traktor Bible is also an invaluable resource that I highly reccomend purchasing. These two items will answer the majority of questions anyone would have about Traktor.

If you have trouble with anything most of us here are happy to help.
    Truth.

That's some rtfm shiZle right there.

Fair play for answering ops questions
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.