Anteaters evolving set up
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Anteaters evolving set up

This is indeed a work in progress with more to come in the next while. The set up has been taking shape recently.

This is the training set up but it's all portable enough to be used out and about with the main amp & speakers (not shown)

This set up started with an S4 on a pair of modified Ikea Muddus tables I cut and shut & turned into a single high table which is back friendly;

So fast forward a bit and I've been busy.......... A pair of midifighters and a pair of 1210's have been added in the last 6 weeks so the table wasn't big enough anymore.

I've got out a new table top from 18mm MDF which basibally sits on top of the original table - I'll fit some Dzus fasteners to make it solid but quickly demountable soon.

I wanted the set up to be tight and not to sprawled out so had to think about putting stuff at differnet hights to to make the table as small as possible. So I picked up a Sefour CDJ stand on ebay cheap and added a bit of alloy to make a midifighter stand. It works great and really sets the midifighters at the ideal hight for me.

I chopped up a computer monitor stand, drilled it and made a laptop holder out of it. The intention being to open up the set up rather than just having my head bobbing up and down behing the flight case laptop stand.

So, next up is building a DJ room in the garage to house the set up - then I can make it bigger with more toys

Love it!

is it not a bit top heavy though? looks a little.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

It is solid but; I'm slightly worried about the MDF bowing with the weight of the 1210's, so I have a plan.......

I'm going to fit two lengths of 20mm metal black enamel electrical coduit to the MDF to brace it secured with distance saddles. I'll screw another set of distance saddles to the original table top so the braced mdf will sit nice and solid on the original table.

Do you ride a Ducati? If so which model?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Do you ride a Ducati? If so which model?
    Yes. This one. It's an aircooled SS I had in a twins series.

I raced this in 2010 & 2011. It's the only bike that I've kept out of all the different bikes I raced and I'm putting it on the road this year, which is scary.............. I haven't ridden on the highway since 2002, the only time I was ever on two wheels from 2003 - 2011 was on a track.

does your laptop stand interfere with your access to the left turntable? other than that i like ur set up, esp the midi fighters. how does it stand up to sum hard core button mashing sessions though?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    does your laptop stand interfere with your access to the left turntable? other than that i like ur set up, esp the midi fighters. how does it stand up to sum hard core button mashing sessions though?
    Left turntable is fine to get into the arial shot makes it look way tighter than it is.

The midi's are solid, the CD stand was made for the weight of full size cdj's. They are screwed onto the mdf with 4 M5 bolts and wing nuts - well up for a mashtastic thrashing

Might look at ikea extending legs instead of the conduit idea.

Have you got a link for that laptop stand? I'm looking at buying an Ikea desk and that one looks like it would fit the bill.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Have you got a link for that laptop stand? I'm looking at buying an Ikea desk and that one looks like it would fit the bill.
    The laptop stand started off as a normal vesa monitor stand with a swinging arm - this type of thing
    MDM11S Single LCD Monitor Desk Mount Bracket Tilt: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41abXp-kd5L.@@AMEPARAM@@41abXp-kd5L

I basically took the arms off, cut it down and drilled a 10mm (3/8th) whole through it to put the vesa mount back on.

The laptop shelve is is currently a piece of mdf I cut and shaped - it fits the Dell 15" laptop I'm using at the moment. However I've got a Citronic CDJ metal shelve built up with a vesa mount on it the will simply clip on / off when I get a mbair 13 to replace the Dell.

Tech Mentor

Err, so I'm no Xonetacular................ but I did create some fresh looking decks this week.

I bought a one owner original boxed pair of Mk2's a few weeks ago and I want to keep them looking fresh - UV fading on 1210's always looks pretty obvious to me so I'm trying to avoid it.

I found a pair of brass faceplates on ebay which unsuprisingly nobody else bid on :eek:

A £20 bid & a couple of weeks and later I've sanded & sprayed them Glacier White and put a couple of stickers on them

Not bad for about £30 all in The decks are immaculate so I felt it was better not to mess with them until they actually need work done - the face plates pop off in 2 seconds flat.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast