traktor 3/scratch question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default traktor 3/scratch question

hey guys
    i have traktor 3 with the newest update.
    im interested in buying traktor scratch but i dont know whether i'll have to buy the whole package just to get traktor scratch.

is there i can just buy the audio 8 dj interface and vinyl since the new update supports it or am i screwed and have to buy it anyways.

Tech Wizard

you have to buy the traktor scratch as a package.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lofi View Post
    you have to buy the traktor scratch as a package.
    is it that you can only upgrade from traktor scratch to the 4 deck abitlity and features of dj studio?

Tech Wizard

he's going the opposite way, but yeah, if you want 4 deck ability and advanced features its the only way to go other than purchasing outright which costs more.

What about this it'll save you a little cash http://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-I...28-i1173171.gc

wtf 400 for traktor scratch.. what the hell man.. fuck it.. i have it already... damn you guitar center...

Wait, wait!

Traktor 3.2 supports scratch, right?

You can buy an Audio 8 separately, that is what I did. I have Traktor 3.2, and an Audio 8, so if I get ahold of some turntables (I just use MIDI now), I should (in theory) be able to buy Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl and use it with Traktor 3.2.

So, to the dude who started this thread, you should be able to do the same.

Tech Wizard

actually 3.2 only supports finalscratch not traktor scratch, 2 completely different programs. traktor 3.3 is necessary for traktor scratch. i also believe you have to have traktor scratch installed in order for traktor 3.3 to use control vinyl/cd's.

Still working on 3.2.2. It still works like a charm with my BCR2000.

If you're on a budget tip, why not go for an older version?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by lofi View Post
    actually 3.2 only supports finalscratch not traktor scratch, 2 completely different programs. traktor 3.3 is necessary for traktor scratch. i also believe you have to have traktor scratch installed in order for traktor 3.3 to use control vinyl/cd's.
    My bad, I had my version number mixed up. I do have 3.3.

There are tracking settings and tracking detail panels in 3.3 that don't seem locked at all. I just don't have the equipment to test it though.

Anyone know for sure; do you need Traktor Scratch software in order to use timecode inside Traktor 3.3? OR, do you only need a full copy of 3.3, an Audio 8 DJ, and a copy of timecode vinyl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast