So close, but the DVS isnt working all that well.
    Tech Mentor

Default So close, but the DVS isnt working all that well.

if you're one of the faithful followers of the forum, you may have seen that i have been asking alot of questions about vinyl and dvs. i finally got it all pieced together, and everything is working great!...except the actual timecode piece.

it plays, and absolute mode works well, the only problem is that every thirty seconds or so, there is a complete dropout of sound, traktors tracks freeze in their place. (just the tracks, as if i had stopped the platter, the program stays running fluidly) the spectrum dropps off blank, but the physical vinyl is still spinning.

im running Traktor 2.1.2 with MK2 vinyl (white) on an AMD Quad core desktop that i use for producing. its never had audio problems, and doesn't have this problem in other applications. im thinking ive set something up wrong as im new to timecode and it only happens in traktor.

this problem is persistant on both decks, and on both sides of the timecode.

im thinking about downloading MIXXX and seeing if the problem persists in that program as well.

What does the scope view look like, while timecode is playing?

(Off topic: Was your white MKII vinyl ordered from NI? I have been waiting for Guitar Center's website to show it's available.)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    What does the scope view look like, while timecode is playing?

(Off topic: Was your white MKII vinyl ordered from NI? I have been waiting for Guitar Center's website to show it's available.)
    scope is in perfect circle wit hdiagonal white line, and i got my whute vinyl here:Amazon.com: NI Traktor Scratch Pro Control Vinyl MK2 White - New: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yraGsm7XL.@@AMEPARAM@@41yraGsm7XL and bought from unique squared

and fyi i got this to work. i just unplugged everything, uninstalled traktor, ate lunch, and came back down and did a complete re-install. working like a dream now.

i decided to try that whilst i waited, and it worked. i tried unplugging everything before, guess the reinstall was the thing to do!

glad it's working now. enjoy spinning on some vinyl!

Tech Mentor

had nearly the same issue when I first got my TTs, the right deck was reversed in direction of play...next morning everything worked fine
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    Check out Sweetwater, I got mine (red, white, blue, clear) about a week and half ago:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TraktorVin2wh
    nope.