Projection Mapping Onto Turntables - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

While you may have also accomplished many of the same tasks, the boys behind this calculated their own approach. We do this because we love it and we aren't selling a product... We are both using resources available around us. As I've said much respect, let's see where we can take this.

seriouscyrus, you think you're the first to do this?? im sure plenty of people have had this idea and so on and so forth, so just enjoy it. I think this is some tightttt shit. Keep up the work guys

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    amazing! but brobably huge latency
    We originally experienced latency on a MacBook but switched to the Mac pro. We have had a much smoother experience thus far.

Tech Wizard

Sooo badass

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    seriouscyrus, you think you're the first to do this?? im sure plenty of people have had this idea and so on and so forth, so just enjoy it. I think this is some tightttt shit. Keep up the work guys
    There's a couple art projects that do generative music on one table, but otherwise, no. And it's easy to look at something, then think, i could have thought of that. But no one does.

if i took someons track, analysed, remade it, and told everyone i came up with it myself, they'd be a bit pissed too, thee work i put into remaking it don't count for nothing.

seriouscyrus, yeah i understand blatantly copying something. But do you think all ideas come from visual stimulation? im sure plenty of people before and after you have seen what serato can do and has done this without seeing someone else do it first just like you say you did. Then they could in fact say you copied them right? Not trying to step on your toes, just trying to explain that they probably didn't copy you in fact just had a great idea and went with it and had a similar end product.

Xbox Kinetic integration would be kinda cool for this, to say pick up on gestures to scroll though the browser, maybe even effects. A projected "midi controller" could also be a possibility.

That's not the case here, his engineer guy saw my vids and bit them

I really wouldn't have minded so much if they'd credited me for the idea, when i first posted my vids, i'd pretty much detailed my process online in a forum as i advanced, prob stupid.

This guy was the first I ever saw to conceptualize the projection stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiRL...yer_detailpage

But I see the similarities with what your talking about. If you don't want people copying you, then don't post how you did it
    Hardware: MBA 13" i7 | NI S4 | Maschine
    Software: TSP 2.5 | Live 8 | ZebraII | Massive | FM8 | Sylenth1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast