Projection Mapping Onto Turntables
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Projection Mapping Onto Turntables

This is completely awesome. But really, what a neat concept.

Projection Mapping Onto Turntables on Vimeo

"This is a projection mapping project we've been working on for about a month as of uploading.
    It's a user interface for Serato Scratch Live that is vinyl rotation reactive, as well as sound reactive, and makes it possible to mix using Serato without having to look at your computer screen whatsoever. We Have Real time Waveforms Streaming across our mixers, or our vinyl platters, and we have started to incorporate video effects that are controlled by wii remotes. We are also working on controlling effects with motion capturing using a camera.
    Much more to come!
    The Song from the video was made by one of the creators of all the cool stuff you saw in the video: Mark Morris
    "
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

fucking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    fucking awesome
    fuk'n awesome!!!!!

thats pretty wild.

wonder how the latency is, but amazing concept
    Hardware: MBA 13" i7 | NI S4 | Maschine
    Software: TSP 2.5 | Live 8 | ZebraII | Massive | FM8 | Sylenth1

amazing! but brobably huge latency
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Default grrrr

See the original videos here, this guy is just following my stuff and giving me no credit.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE72D8B18D6956087

I think I've got a better implementation of it too, but then I had to work it all out for myself.

I posted quite a bit about it on the serato forums, pretty much giving away how to achieve it. My own fault.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Awesome but I don't see how it helps with not looking at a computer. You're still looking away from the crowd to scan songs and fixate on wave forms.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by seriouscyrus View Post
    See the original videos here, this guy is just following my stuff and giving me no credit.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE72D8B18D6956087

I think I've got a better implementation of it too, but then I had to work it all out for myself.

I posted quite a bit about it on the serato forums, pretty much giving away how to achieve it. My own fault.
    I can appreciate why you think you've been ripped off, as we are accomplishing a lot of the same goals. The engineers behind this have had to conquer all of the same problems that you have, without your help, and have gone as far as to design hardware and program software to do what you've done with serato and mix emergency, so that we can do the same thing with real vinyls. It's been a really fun project, and a lot of the ideas have spawned from one of the engineers dreams. Like i've said all over the place, Much respect to you and what you do, keep it up brotha.

I saw the real vinyls, and that was cool, but I'm talking about the presentation, the readouts on the platters, the waveforms on the mixer and the vinyls, all appearing after the work I'd done.

I left enough info around on how to do it, but man, everyone sees that vid and think it's your guys original idea, do you really think that's true?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast