NI Audio 8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NI Audio 8

Tech Mentor

Default NI Audio 8

I finally got myself a soundcard. I went with the NI Audio 8. Got it used for $220...seemed like a fair price.

Now im in the struggle of getting it all hooked up. Do i need to get the multicore cables? I think i found them here:

Amazon.com: Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Multicore Cable - Mixer Segments: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31c1Xqa43iL.@@AMEPARAM@@31c1Xqa43iL

I am running 2 cdj-400's, xone 42 mixer, x1 and lpd8 (both usb obviously).

I just dont want to go out and buy cables that i dont need...already have too many of those. Thanks!
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

yes. you´ll need the multicore cables fot the audio8. audio 6/10 don´t need it anymore.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

You do not need multicore cables.

Just a few sets of RCA cables.

Tech Guru

You can do it with RCA's. Multicore main benifits are that they look cleaner then a bunch of RCA's, they are quicker to set-up at gigs, and if you had Scratch and wanted to run your CDJ's with time control cd's and be able to switch to regular music cd's on the fly without having to change wire connections, you can do it with the Multicore

Tech Mentor

No multicore cables required. The Traktor User's manual will have diagrams on how to hook it up using RCA's

Stay away from the multi core cables just get some good rca's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    You can do it with RCA's. Multicore main benifits are that they look cleaner then a bunch of RCA's, they are quicker to set-up at gigs, and if you had Scratch and wanted to run your CDJ's with time control cd's and be able to switch to regular music cd's on the fly without having to change wire connections, you can do it with the Multicore
    This is what i figured....i might just get them for aesthetic purposes.

I saw a comment to go with quality RCA's...are these multicores not as good of quality or something???
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

ahh whatever.... I pulled the trigger on some multi cables...got em for $32 shipped to my door friday afternoon through my buddys prime account so i should be good to go. Thanks for the help as always guys!

Tech Mentor

So now i feel really stupid...i got 1 order of the multicore cables thinking it would finally connect both of my cdjs....sure enough they come with cable per box for each cdj or turntable. Now before i make any more dumb purchases, can somebody answer me this??

If i get another multicore cable, what is the best way to setup up through my audio 8 so that i can gain control over decks c & d with my lpd8???

Do i just need 1 more multicore cable for my cdj and then just 2 sets of red/white male RCAs to connect channel 3 & 4 of my mixer to the other 2 outputs on the audio 8?

Thanks again!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    and if you had Scratch and wanted to run your CDJ's with time control cd's and be able to switch to regular music cd's on the fly without having to change wire connections, you can do it with the Multicore
    Are you sure? This has only ever worked on Vinyl for me (switching from timecode to actual rekkids)
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast