Audio 6 and Serato box with 2 turntables and 1 mixer?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

A little tip.

DJ A use chan 1 & 3 and DJ B use chan 2 & 4.

Use to run that same set-up and it was just easier to switch off.

Do you mean the channels on the DJM? I f so that's what we do right now but we have to disconnect the turntable rca from one box and plug them into the other when switching. We do it fine it is just a pain especially in a cramped dj booth. I am just looking for an option where I don't have dissconnect any rca's just change timecode and mix in appropiate channel.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eptraktors4dj View Post
    Do you mean the channels on the DJM? I f so that's what we do right now but we have to disconnect the turntable rca from one box and plug them into the other when switching. We do it fine it is just a pain especially in a cramped dj booth. I am just looking for an option where I don't have dissconnect any rca's just change timecode and mix in appropiate channel.
    oops, yes ment the channels on the DJM. Like mentioned run one box into the other. We did the Serato (SL1) box first into the Audio 6. It would be wise to get a power supply for the Serato box if you run that box first.

So turntables into the SL1 inputs then the line outs to the DJM. The SL1 thru's into the Audio 6's phone inputs then the line output to DJM.

Hope that helps as we used the SL1 and I'm not sure what box the Serato user has in your case.

Get an SL4, switch to Serato for both of you, and never have to think about anything except plugging in a USB :P

But a switchbox, as stated above, would probably be the simplest solution for what you're doing now.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sol*los View Post
    oops, yes ment the channels on the DJM. Like mentioned run one box into the other. We did the Serato (SL1) box first into the Audio 6. It would be wise to get a power supply for the Serato box if you run that box first.

So turntables into the SL1 inputs then the line outs to the DJM. The SL1 thru's into the Audio 6's phone inputs then the line output to DJM.

Hope that helps as we used the SL1 and I'm not sure what box the Serato user has in your case.
    I see. I honestly don't know what serato box he has but I will find out. It seems logical and like it will work. Going to try and give it a shot tomorrow. Is there any switching he will have to do on the serato box to activate the "thru" function. Sorry I'm not familiar with serato at all.

At least with the SL3 the most you'll have to do is activate the thru (above the platter in Serato) and it should be active by default until you tell it otherwise with the newest Serato update. I haven't tested this without the power adapter, but I have the setup I mentioned earlier running whenever I spin at my house and never have to adjust anything except if I want to use timecode in Serato; at which point I tell Serato to look for timecode instead of just running the signal through.

You won't have to switch anything on the Serato box for thru, but you need to make sure your levels are right - if you're running into the A6 first then it should boost the phono signal to a line-level signal so you want your SL3 inputs set to line. If you're running the TTs directly into the SL box first, you want your inputs set to phono. I'm not sure how this differs on the SL2/1, but you can figure it out with the manuals for those anyway. Or ask - there's just no point in going through the manuals myself until we know what box you actually are going to be using.
    Last edited by keeb; 02-23-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eptraktors4dj View Post
    Right now a buddie and myself Dj together at a club usually switching out every hour or so. He runs serato and I run TSP2 and we use 2 technic 1200's and a pioneer djm 800 mixer. Right now what we do is run my audio 6 outputs to channels 1 & 2 on the djm 800 and his serato box outputs to channels 3 & 4. So when we want to switch I dissconnect the rca's on the turntable that is not being used into my audio 6 load my control vinyl and mix in then once the music is going I do the same for the other turntable. This works fine it is just a hassle to unplug and re plug the turntable rca's to each sound card. My question is what if I but some rca y adapters and split the signal from the turtable to both soundcards will that work? In theory all we would have to do is switch timecode vinyl and mix in the appropiate channel. Has anyone done this? Will there be any interference or noise?
    Common need... The way I do it is with the Serato SL 1 box... Plug TT's into the Serato box. Use the 'Thru' outputs on the Serato Box into inputs on Audio 6/8... In T2 you will need to calibrate the decks since the signal tends to be a tad weaker than normal.... I do this quite often and never have issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12