Traktor vinyl differences?

Default Traktor vinyl differences?

Sorry so many posts lately just enjoy the help here!

But my question is what arethe differences between the colors of traktor vinyl?
    I read somewhere that each color is a different thickness and weight, so which do you prefer and which thicknesses/weights are better for certain things, etc.

What's the break down of them all?

I believe the only difference is the color.
    nope.

Tech Mentor

its only the color. otherwise they are all the same. be wary though, when they are shipped, some may become "bowled"

make sure if you get some, they sit nice and flat on the platter

Quote Originally Posted by itsbentheboy View Post
    its only the color. otherwise they are all the same.
    Untrue. I think Karlos had made a nice listing sorted from light to heavy somewhere on these boards. Go search for it
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

AFAIK, there's no meaningful difference. Yeah…they're different thicknesses and weights, but so are records. You just get used to it.

If you're a high-level scratch/battle DJ, you could quickly develop a preference, but you know what to look for if that's the case. Otherwise, just buy what's pretty and adapt to it.

My Serato CVs are different colors (black and translucent purple) because they were the last two in the shop. They're different thicknesses and weights. And after I put them on, I forget which is on which table almost instantly (I have dark slipmats and they look the same except right on the edge). You just adjust to it.

Tech Mentor

the red mkII vinyl i have are a touch thicker that the standard blacks that came with traktor
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

The MK1 white are the thickest asaik.

The clear ones are the thinest....

Karlos?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin