APC 40 for $200+? good deal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default APC 40 for $200+? good deal?

So i found a deal on craigslist for an APC40 that has barely been used. He listed it as 275 or best offer. I guess some guy offered him 200 and he said that it is mine if i offer any more than that.

Is this a good deal? Ive never used ableton before and i guess this comes with ableton lite? I have been looking into the Maschine too but found this deal and wasnt sure if it was something i should pass up.

Any advice is appreciated!

Tech Mentor

no.

i bought my APC 40 on CL for 150$ You can oder and have it shipped used from guitarcenter for 149$.

Tech Mentor

I bought mine for $200 used about a year ago. Any more than that and you might as well buy new for like $30 more. If you want it now, go for it. If you don't mind being patient, you could probably find it closer to $150.

what is ableton lite like? Am i just going to want the full version? how does the apc 40 compare to the Maschine?

Tech Mentor

It's basically a demo version of Ableton, which I believe you can download for free. Might be wrong on that one, though.

APC 40 and the Machine are totally different... I wouldn't really even compare them. If you want to use one to control Ableton, go with the APC40. If you want a supplemental beatpad for Traktor, Serato, etc - go with the Machine, Trigger Finger, Akai MPD, etc.

So based on that id probably go with the Maschine. I currently use an s4 and id like to do some production stuff i dont think i have the time to get real involved in Ableton.

Woah man, if you are looking to go into production, invest into Ableton. The lite version is good for getting started but I would go ahead and get the full version. Maschine and the production on it are nothing compared to ableton. And as far as production on the s4, you would be very limited to producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasrgunzapzap View Post
    So based on that id probably go with the Maschine. I currently use an s4 and id like to do some production stuff i dont think i have the time to get real involved in Ableton.
    Its a big ask expecting Maschine to be your all in one production package, it sure is possible but god damn... DAW's have a lot more features. I really couldn't immagine making a track in Maschine from start to finish without putting it through a DAW at at least some stage in proceedings.

Disclaimer: im not saying its impossible or that all tracks made in Maschine sound crap, i am just saying its not my cup of tea.

Im not looking to get really involved in production just some things here and there. From what i have read Maschine is super easy to use and a couple posts up said it would pair better with Traktor than an APC. I dont get as much time to dj/ play with music as i would like so i think it would take me awhile to even get up and running on Ableton

Oh yeah, if you are integrating the two I would go for Maschine. It seems to run awesome with traktor. Unless you know ableton session view really well and know how to sync them right then you can get the apc but in your case go for the maschine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast