Traktor 2 Sample Deck Sync Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2 Sample Deck Sync Issue

I'm a Traktor S4 user who recently upgraded to Traktor 2. Is anyone having trouble getting the sample decks to sync to the master tempo? Right now I'm launching the samples in Deck C and D, but the samples are not syncing up to what's playing out of the master output. I have the master clock set to "auto."

I didn't have this problem when I was using Traktor Pro S4 (the samples would sync seamlessly with the master output). Is there a setting I may have overlooked or could this possibly be a bug in T2?

Tech Guru

i have experienced this, you need to be spot on with ur triggering atm
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Chris I just figured it out. Make sure that "SNAP" and "QUANTIZE" are enabled in TP2 or your S4.

Tech Mentor

yep, snap and quantive have to be on.
    Macbook/DJM800/2x Kontrol x1's/Traktor Scratch Pro

I got my master clock set to "master" and the sample decks(C/D) are in perfect sync with decks A/B, no issues at all...

Tech Guru

excellent!
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

I cannot get the sample decks to sync...i have Quantize, Snap and have tried it with Master and Auto and its still out...

what am i doing wrong?

maybe you haven't beatgridded the samples. If you take loops from decks or the loop recorder on tracks that are properly gridded, they should sync. If not, I believe they just play at normal speed, which is generally what you want for one shots like the DJ 5 Dolla Holla airhorn or a certain someone talking about banging 7 gram rocks and
    finishing them because
    I have one speed,
    I have one gear,
    GO!!!!!!!

Sorry, still really enjoy that sample pack several weeks on.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

so it doesnt beatgrid the samples automatically in the Sample deck? all samples must be pre beatgridded

thanks for you help man

Quote Originally Posted by markstent View Post
    so it doesnt beatgrid the samples automatically in the Sample deck?
    No, because you can't edit the grids in the sample deck and sometimes you don't want them synced.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast