Midi Fighter Instant Grat. Question

Default Midi Fighter Instant Grat. Question

Hey DJTT,

So I'm thinking about buying a Midi-Fighter, but I have a quick and simple question about the Instant Gratification mapping first.

When you install this mapping into Traktor, does it take over all your effect units?.. I'd like to still have my normal effects that I'll have mapped to my future S2 while being able to use the Midi Fighter in conjuntion with those effects.

If the Midi Fighter overrides those effects then this will be a deciding factor whether I purchase it or not, so any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

as far as i can recall, it takes them all up (not in front of my mac now).. but there's no problem in mapping some other buttons (or keyboard keys) to select the fx you also want to use..

it does not overrides them. just selects them, so you can select you old fx back until you press the button on the MF again..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

So if I wanna use a different effect (outside of the MF mapping) I'll have to use the effect knobs to select an effect and then use those knobs again to change the effect back so that I can use the midifighter?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The MF will change back again to the FX it needs, you just need to map your regular controller to select the FX you normally use and assign them properly to the deck you need.

Quote Originally Posted by DjEryx View Post
    So if I wanna use a different effect (outside of the MF mapping) I'll have to use the effect knobs to select an effect and then use those knobs again to change the effect back so that I can use the midifighter?
    yeah. you can map a button to "effect select" too..

and -like padi said- MF is changing the fx back..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

If the wrong effect is selected when you use the midifighter, all it means is that the first time you press a button that will load the effect rather than activate it. Not a big deal.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Awwww very snazzy Can I map a button on my keyboard to change three/six effects at once? Or would I have to have six buttons? Sorry for being a bother, I'm just really trying to figure this out. Thanks for the input so far though, I'm already leaning more towards buying a MF now.

Quote Originally Posted by DjEryx View Post
    Awwww very snazzy Can I map a button on my keyboard to change three/six effects at once? Or would I have to have six buttons? Sorry for being a bother, I'm just really trying to figure this out. Thanks for the input so far though, I'm already leaning more towards buying a MF now.
    yes you can.. just "learn" different "effect select" to the same key.
    soundcloud
    facebook