Xone DX owners: assistance requested
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone DX owners: assistance requested

Finally had a chance to plug and play with my new Xone DX. All seems to be in working order - status lights, meters, tracks analyzed, playing, audio out and headphones, looping, effects, etc, etc... all in good order.

However.... sound seems to be cutting in and out. (drop out - technical term?)

I simply plugged into my HP laptop AMD Turion X2 dual-core 2GHz 32-bit (2GB RAM; 250 GB HD, running Vista), and I am fully aware of all the issues with Serato software and AMD processors.... I just thought I would give it a shot.

Is there something I need to adjust within my computer settings? Itch itself (gains)? Is the Itch 1.6 software that came with it no conducive? Should I d/l another version (updated)?

I have done nothing other than plug-n-play using the online Xone DX tutorials on Youtube.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Tech Wizard

Looks like it's a latency issue. Open your itch software and go to the setup tab and raise the latency bar up until the drop outs stop. You could also try to update to a new itch software (2.1)

Tech Mentor

you should update to 2.1, always get the latest updated software. Could be the AMD problem which may be fixed and sounding better in 2.1 or it may be a latency issue which you can adjust in settings. Turn off wireless internet, even go into device manager and disable the LAN card.

The AMD issue is not fixed. They don't support it. They've suggested plugging something in the adjacent usb port, and that may help the drops, but it's not guarantee.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

You might try to crank up the latency, as with an older machine with 2 gigs of RAM and Vista _might_ give you problems (depending on how hosed your machine is), but any AMD chip is definitely not supported.
    Cheers!

Tech Mentor

I can always count on the Xone Family here on DJTT.
    Thanks Xone Brothers!

Would it be recommended to just d/l the latest version prior to checking the latency?

I do intend on buying a MacBook Pro, but was anxious to finally get a listen on this thing.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

It's definitely worth downloading 2.1, for the improvements alone, but try pushing the latency. Who knows, it might work. They haven't narrowed down which chipsets are the problems (maybe they know but haven't said anything?), so it's hard to tell you how an intel chip set would behave all other things equal.
    Cheers!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    The AMD issue is not fixed. They don't support it. They've suggested plugging something in the adjacent usb port, and that may help the drops, but it's not guarantee.
    I have an AMD processor, Dell Inspiron 0ne 2305 and Itch works fine, though I don't like it and use Traktor, it does work

Then you're one of the lucky ones sir

They probably haven't done the necessary testing to narrow down which chips and series cause the issues, but they certainly make it a point to disclaim that they don't support AMD chipsets. Maybe they fixed it with 2.1 and haven't updated their information? THat would be nice. I have a lenovo with an AMD chip I just picked up that I'm considering putting Itch on it. Just out of curiosity, you said you didn't like it, did you really put it through it's paces when you were using it? Like hours of playing with 4 decks and effects?

I still even get the occasional hiccup on my MBP so I'd be curious to know if there really are issues how liveable they are (in actuality none should be, but since I don't leave my basement I can deal).
    Cheers!

Tech Mentor

Documentation 1

Since we last spoke, I have done nothing. Just turned on laptop, pluged in Xone DX, loaded Deck1 and Deck 3 for two deck mixing. Started track, drop out. We all know this already...

Per Gemini's suggestion, I plugged in another USB in opposite slot on laptop as well.

Per Moss and Gemini suggestion, I tweaked the latency which was set as a default of 10 (scale 1-20). Turning up to 20 made it worse, so I gradually went down the scale until I arrived at the opposite end of the spectrum, and 1 seemed to work.

I left it on this setting, put Sync on, played Deck 1 track, looped it out, added a HPF on it as I brought in Deck 3 track (low EQ kill). Left loop running while new track played for about 45 seconds, fading out.... drop out begins. I check both decks to make sure the drop out was consistent across both and it was. Adjusted the latency up incrementally, and nothing better came of it.

NEXT STEP: Download newer version (2.1). Stay tuned...
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast