Headphone Mixing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    ^ same.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    ^ same.
    Also same.

I feel like my transitions are better when I'm using headphones. I can hear detail more accurately and [hopefully] make things more seamless.

I also like to keep my headphones on as protection from the speakers so that my ears don't fatigue. I find that if I have my headphones off for a while then try listening to them again things seem more muffled.

Like other posters have said, I just change the cue mix when I'm cueing a track or have it all the way on main out when I'm bringing a track in.

If its on in your headphones, its on in the mix. I have been in far too many gigs where the booth monitors werent adjustable, the room has a ton of reverb, the monitors are horrible, they are too far away, etc etc. Its just not worth it to mix using monitors anymore. Plus you save your hearing by not having it as loud if they are sound isolating.

There's a reason pretty much all pro musicians, rockstars etc use custom molded IEM's.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I mix entirely in my headphones.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Jack Bastard

Learn to mix in the headphones and you'll always be able to mix anywhere on any set up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12