pre load traktor w/key lock sample decks

Default pre load traktor w/key lock sample decks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible so that when tractor starts up, the sample decks are already key locked?

At the moment, every time i start tractor, i have to click each sample deck so they're key locked.

Thanks for any help and advice

Tom

Tech Student

(I'm also very keen on enabling such a feature so that keylock is always activated, please if anyone knows?)

I don't know which kind of setup or controller you are using but a work around could be to map a MIDI command that toogles the keylock mode on and off quickly at any given time or bundle this together with the command for playing and pausing the sample decks, the latter however will prevent you from playing a sample in its original key but if you always use keylock then this let's you forget about touching your computer and some guy over at NI's forum stated that this also will decrease CPU load.

Andreas Skoglösa

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Change the deck to a regular track deck, turn the keylock on and when you change back to sample deck then every slot will have keylock active each time you open the program (until you change back to track deck and disable it).

Tech Student

Awesome! it works

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skoglosa View Post
    (I'm also very keen on enabling such a feature so that keylock is always activated, please if anyone knows?)

I don't know which kind of setup or controller you are using but a work around could be to map a MIDI command that toogles the keylock mode on and off quickly at any given time or bundle this together with the command for playing and pausing the sample decks, the latter however will prevent you from playing a sample in its original key but if you always use keylock then this let's you forget about touching your computer and some guy over at NI's forum stated that this also will decrease CPU load.

Andreas Skoglösa
    Ahhhh brilliant, would still like an option in preferences though to keep them permenantly on.

Tech Student

Well try padi_04's method, it does just that