NYC here I come!
    Tech Guru

Default NYC here I come!

I am going to be in the big apple on may 1-6. Where are the places I need to see while I am there?

I am into most all types of EDM but especially electro, dnb and minimal.
    Though my friend is coming with me who likes that stuff also but is into trance a lot as well. I like good food, but am cheap so where are the cool must see hole in the wall type places for food or drink? Also what should I make sure to see while I am there, I was there once before for about 8 hours and saw central park, time square and a few of the places around that area. Also if any DJTT people are around and want to get together let me know as I love meeting other DJTT peeps.

I know that I still am leaving a really broad description of myself, but I am up for pretty much anything possibly, and have really eclectic tastes.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 04-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

Also forgot to ask I know they have that controllerism party once a month or every few weeks but I can't remember the name of it.
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Hey man, we should plan a meet up.

In Manhattan there are good cheap eats all over the place, but you really need to look for em. I'd recommend the East and West Village to slum around, lots of good interesting places (including a TON of sex shops )

Might want to look into a ferry ride around the statue of liberty and checking out the Bodies exhibit in the South Street Seaport. There are tons of museums (everyone should go to the Natural History Museum once and see the giant whale), art galleries (MOMA and the Cloisters come to mind), restaurants, parks, clubs, bars, pubs, etc. etc. etc..

I would recommend taking one night and eating somewhere expensive and crazy. There's Ninja (where there are ninjas that serve your food), Mars 2021, and a trailerpark kind restaurant where you literally walk into an RV.

I'm not really into the mainstream club scene, but there are TONS, literally hundreds, of clubs in Manhattan alone. There's Pascha (the old Sound Factory), Mansion, and tons of others. I can get more details from my friends who go to those places.

You need to get drunk and gorge on wings at Down The Hatch and listen to really fun 80's metal. It's kinda slow on Mondays, so I'd definitely recommend that.

Hit me up in PM, maybe we'll make a plan to meet up?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Cool man all of this stuff sounds awesome, will put a pm in your inbox very shortly a.k.a. as soon as I can compose something that doesn't soudn really dumb

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

meh, I have mastered the fine of art of "Dumb to not so dumb" translation.

no worries
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall