How to be a vdj??
    Tech Student

Default How to be a vdj??

I want to start VDJing (video dj) what is the best software for mac to do it?
    what gear can I buy to do it?-Please help me

either Virtual DJ Pro or Serato w/ the video SL plug in. Probably Final Cut or Adobe Premier, And lots of know how. I can hardly put together a perfect DJ set, I can't imagine throwing video into the whole thing. Then again using pre-cut music videos probably doesn't change much. What kind of video are you trying to do?

BTW: I'd advise becoming a good regular DJ first. AFAIK Pauly D was a VDJ but he never learned to actually DJ with good fundamentals. He positively sucks. The only good things I heard were that he had some "dope videos and shit" but everything else from his DJing to his Personality are just slightly north of garbage. This is coming from a promoter who used to know Pauly D before the whole Jersey Shore nonsense.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 02-26-2012 at 08:05 PM.

@OP - can you DJ already?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Theres a blog post on this i'm pretty sure (:
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Student

@ Frank112916, Thanks that a good advise I will start frist with perfecting my djing skills before.