Great Studio Monitors? (Budget)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Great Studio Monitors? (Budget)

Hi everyone!
    I live in South Africa and have just purchased a Traktor S4 from DJTT and it left about 12 hours ago. Now I am looking to buy a pair of studio monitors, but am quite limited in my budget. I was looking at Behringer MS20 Active Budget Monitor Speaker or the MS40's but the are maybe a bit too cheap. So now I am looking more at something along the lines of Behringer Truth B1030A Active Studio Monitors or M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5a 70W Deluxe Bi-Amplified Studio Monitors or KRK Systems RP5 G2 Series Rokit Powered Monitors.

What would you recommend? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The m-audio's and KRK RP5's are both great monitors, i would however go for the KRK's as they have a nicer low end, (and they look nicer imo)
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

I have done some more research and found the KRK RP6 G2's have better bass than the KRK RP5 G2's. So thinking of getting the RP6's now.

Tech Mentor

Get the krk's you wont regret it, they sound so sweet. get the rp6's tho much better bass response
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Tech Convert

@Steeevo - Thanks man! Have you got the black ones? I am thinking of getting the white ones. I am just waiting for a store to email me back to say if they've got stock then I'm thinking of getting those sick looking RP6's in white!

Tech Mentor

Dont like them, i have the blacks, they also make a limited edition red one. i just like the standard black ones tho
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Tech Convert

Didn't know there are red ones. Was kinda thinking to just get the black ones, but I fancy getting something a little different

Tech Guru

I stand by my KRK's. I have a set of 5's and 6's. I honestly only use the 5's. Plenty of sound.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Convert

Ok cool. Just want to check. By enough you meant you use them at more than 50% volume or less? I have logitech z-2300's at the moment but it has a standard 1/8" jack and I need something that can plug into my Traktor S4. I almost never use them at more than 50%. The satellites are 40watt rms and the sub 120watt rms. I see the 6's have almost 34% more watt output than the 5's. Would appreciate a little bit more help. Thanks!
    P.S. Do you have the black ones?

If they're too loud, turn them down, too quiet, turn them up? o.O

Ive got the RP5's and ive got them set at line 0, plenty of sound
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast