How to automate Traktor's parameters with Maschine
    Tech Convert

Default How to automate Traktor's parameters with Maschine

Well, we all know how to sync Traktor and Maschine together, but there is an interesting function of maschine that can change anything. The function to which I refer is "Midi out". "Midi out" has the possibility to send a midi note to other softwares. What this means? This means that if we go in a sound of Maschine and we select the "Midi out" property for that sound in Module 1, it will send on Maschine Virtual Out port a midi note that contains both an address (es. ch 1 note C1) that a velocity (from 0 to 127). Since Traktor uses Midi note to control any paramenter, in this way, we can command on/off buttons and all knobs together whit the same pad.

Es. Assign on/off on Hold mode to FX 1 to a Pad
    Assign Dry/wet in Knob mode to the same Pad

Now, each time I’ll press the Pad, FX 1 goes “on” and at the same time if I’ll play soft I have small Dry/wet value, if I’ll play the pad Hard I have a big Dry/wet value.

OK big thing, but the most interesting thing is that I can record this trought Step sequenser.

So,for example, mapping Hot Cues in 8 different pads and 8 Fx in other 8 pads and pressing the “REC” button, I’ll record any my pressing and using the Step mode of Maschine I shall be able to choose record duration (4, 8, 16 beat.. ) and to create different patterns that will be possible to call at any time.

Well, I don’t know if someone discovered before this cool integration between Maschine and Traktor, so I decided to share whit you my intuition.

In next day, for those of you who are interested, I’ll post my personal mapping. In this mapping I use 2 standard X1’s mapping for Transport, Loops ecc. and 4 groups in Maschine (A,B,C,D) to control Hot cues, Effetcs and others thing for each deck.

Obviously, this is for Traktor, but the same for Ableton or any software that uses Midi note.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by astyno View Post
    Well, we all know how to sync Traktor and Maschine together, but there is an interesting function of maschine that can change anything. The function to which I refer is "Midi out". "Midi out" has the possibility to send a midi note to other softwares. What this means? This means that if we go in a sound of Maschine and we select the "Midi out" property for that sound in Module 1, it will send on Maschine Virtual Out port a midi note that contains both an address (es. ch 1 note C1) that a velocity (from 0 to 127). Since Traktor uses Midi note to control any paramenter, in this way, we can command on/off buttons and all knobs together whit the same pad.

Es. Assign on/off on Hold mode to FX 1 to a Pad
    Assign Dry/wet in Knob mode to the same Pad

Now, each time I’ll press the Pad, FX 1 goes “on” and at the same time if I’ll play soft I have small Dry/wet value, if I’ll play the pad Hard I have a big Dry/wet value.

OK big thing, but the most interesting thing is that I can record this trought Step sequenser.

So,for example, mapping Hot Cues in 8 different pads and 8 Fx in other 8 pads and pressing the “REC” button, I’ll record any my pressing and using the Step mode of Maschine I shall be able to choose record duration (4, 8, 16 beat.. ) and to create different patterns that will be possible to call at any time.

Well, I don’t know if someone discovered before this cool integration between Maschine and Traktor, so I decided to share whit you my intuition.

In next day, for those of you who are interested, I’ll post my personal mapping. In this mapping I use 2 standard X1’s mapping for Transport, Loops ecc. and 4 groups in Maschine (A,B,C,D) to control Hot cues, Effetcs and others thing for each deck.

Obviously, this is for Traktor, but the same for Ableton or any software that uses Midi note.
    This is really just the concept of MIDI....midi was always recording note values and velocity, it's been around for 35 years.

Yeah, you'll be able to do cool stuff like automated filter sweeps etc, much like dummy MIDI clips in Ableton.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

The sequencing is awesome though; not available in Traktor without some kind of hack like this. I dig it -- possible workaround to do what people are trying to do with bomes in emulating the Twitch effect?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan