Mid interface for traktor midi sync
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mid interface for traktor midi sync

Hello,

Just to confirm if this setup would work.

2 usb to midi cables, and this midi usb interface: MidiBox 4-in/4-out USB 2.0 64-MIDI Interface Thru/Merge Box.

link: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/midibox...erge-box-42471

Please give me some feedback...

The midi signals, so that I can sync 2 traktors on 2 different computers.

Computer A (master) sends midi signals via the usb to midi cable (midi out) to the midi interface (from the link) this converts the MIDI in to MIDI out. Then I connect computer B via the usb to midi cable (MIDI IN) to the midi out from the midi interface.

I think I remember someone mentioning a while ago that you could do that with just a LAN cable from one computer to the other, but I'm not sure what program you need.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

kevz718:

I've got 2 hercules RMX and 1 hercules MK2, both without MIDI in's and outs...
    I know that the audiodj 2 has midi in's and outh, but it cost some money and I already got 3 soundscards... (2 rmx, 1 mk2), so I just need something to sync the midi signals...

Fullenglishpint:
    I've tried some programs to sync via lan and wifi and none of them gave a satisfying result. The best result I had was constant fluctuating, when I sended 130 bpm to my second computer I showed results from 126-134 BPM....

Well my hercules RMX/MK2 dont have a midi in/out connection... Thats why I think its possible with an usb to midi cable, connect that to an interface that has an midi in/out connection and connect that with an usb to midi cable to the second computer.

I need a midi interface with midi in/out ports because I can't connect to the usb to midi cables directly because all midi cables are male connections?

if your using 2 macs you can sync over lan. Its a little harder to do, but can be done.

So you don't think it would work with an external midi device?

And I'm on Windows....

Nobody has an solution or can verify that this will work?

Thank you for your response,

Yes you are right, the MIDI INTERFACE is connected to an USB port just for power...
    The problem is that I don't own the cables nor the interface yet... I am thinking of buying the cables and the interface... So you give it a chance to succeed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast