Mid interface for traktor midi sync
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mid interface for traktor midi sync

Hello,

Just to confirm if this setup would work.

2 usb to midi cables, and this midi usb interface: MidiBox 4-in/4-out USB 2.0 64-MIDI Interface Thru/Merge Box.

link: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/midibox...erge-box-42471

Please give me some feedback...

Tech Guru

What r u trying to midi sync with traktor exactly?

The midi signals, so that I can sync 2 traktors on 2 different computers.

Computer A (master) sends midi signals via the usb to midi cable (midi out) to the midi interface (from the link) this converts the MIDI in to MIDI out. Then I connect computer B via the usb to midi cable (MIDI IN) to the midi out from the midi interface.

Tech Guru

Oh ok.. I thought u were trying to go out to another piece of external equipment..

I havent done is before but ive midi synced external equipment..

To answer ur question, that box should work granted it can receive and transmit midi clock.

But what other equipment r u using? U sure that equipment wouldnt have some way of midi syncing without that extra box?

Uv probly seen some of the vids out there but heres one common example where they use 2 audiodj soundcards to transmit the midi clock to sync 2 computers running traktor. If the gear ur usig has midi ins and outs, i dont think ull need extra gear like that box. But let me know what gear ur using and i could probly say for sure unless ur using some unique setup.

http://traktortips.wordpress.com/201...tups-via-midi/

I think I remember someone mentioning a while ago that you could do that with just a LAN cable from one computer to the other, but I'm not sure what program you need.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

kevz718:

I've got 2 hercules RMX and 1 hercules MK2, both without MIDI in's and outs...
    I know that the audiodj 2 has midi in's and outh, but it cost some money and I already got 3 soundscards... (2 rmx, 1 mk2), so I just need something to sync the midi signals...

Fullenglishpint:
    I've tried some programs to sync via lan and wifi and none of them gave a satisfying result. The best result I had was constant fluctuating, when I sended 130 bpm to my second computer I showed results from 126-134 BPM....

Tech Guru

I think its called wac midioverethernet or something like that..

But id think the better way would be using hardware.. For example, i imagine each of his 2 traktor setups have a soundcard so the firstmplace id look is to see if the soundcards hve midi out/ins..

Well my hercules RMX/MK2 dont have a midi in/out connection... Thats why I think its possible with an usb to midi cable, connect that to an interface that has an midi in/out connection and connect that with an usb to midi cable to the second computer.

I need a midi interface with midi in/out ports because I can't connect to the usb to midi cables directly because all midi cables are male connections?

Tech Guru

Hmm.. Do the rmx have midi jacks? I dont see them looking on google images.. Imtrying to envision the setup with ur specific equipment but i cant see this working so well and I dont want to tell u to buy it as i dont think its gonna give u the best results..

Personally, id try to upgrade the soundcards so that u can route midi clocks thru those.

But maybe somebody else can confirm this type of setup will indeed work.

if your using 2 macs you can sync over lan. Its a little harder to do, but can be done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast