Back To the abletoncave!

Default Back To the abletoncave!

Well Im trying it out again and after looking around at some guide I must say it's extremely easy to use now that im more familiar with it and been taking the time to learn it.

Can now warp on the fly and what not perfectly too which I see why it's far better than beatgridding.

Any helpful tips anyone would like to share on helping make it more friendly to a live performance situation would be helpful.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

i found that if you are playing tracks other then yours... breaking them down in sections that loop is the way to go.

You can then save each track as a ableton file and then drag the ableton file into your audio channels on the fly.. this means you can pick a play tracks as your choose and have alot of control over the way they flow.

also something that took me 6 months to find was the little save button in the warping area.

This will save your warp markers so when you drag the track in it is set up and ready to go
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Quote Originally Posted by jamthrax View Post
    i found that if you are playing tracks other then yours... breaking them down in sections that loop is the way to go.

You can then save each track as a ableton file and then drag the ableton file into your audio channels on the fly.. this means you can pick a play tracks as your choose and have alot of control over the way they flow.

also something that took me 6 months to find was the little save button in the warping area.

This will save your warp markers so when you drag the track in it is set up and ready to go

Thanks!
    The save marker was something I knew about from a tutorial about warping on Dubspot's youtube channel.
    That also showed me how I can mix changing the bpm. It's actually quite helpful since my tracks mostly vary between 130-134 bpm so it doesn't sound like a dramatic rise in tempo. And it also preserves the original quality far more than complex/pro
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Bang on...

I generally create 2/3 instances of a track with startpoints on intro/drop and maybe outro so I can swap between them, highlight the 3 and drop them into my set folder means I can and just drag them into channels as required on the fly.

I load up 3/4 channels with complete tracks, and 4/5 channels with sample track parts e.g high hats, bass drum, basslines, percussion etc to be able to build my own stuff on the fly.

I have my sample channels set up so I can record loops from its mirror "play" channel e.g. 1>5 2>6 and so on and build a library of samples as I go.

Apart from that just being smart about mapping I guess, I have an APC40 which is almost as intuative as you can get once you iron out the "studio vs live" features (play/stop/rec are in a really stupid place!)

Would really prefer a 3 band eq on all channels - k2 looks ideal for this as does the new behringer kit.