denon dnx600 with traktor pro 2?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default denon dnx600 with traktor pro 2?

    wanting to go with the ean golden set up and get a mixer and two midi fighter pros, does the denon dnx600 work as a two channel mixer and does the soundcard work fully with traktor? thanks! and if it doesnt what will (around 500)

  2. #2
    Tech Guru Cybertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    631

    Default

    The X600 not only does work as a two-channel mixer, it *is* a two channel mixer (with some additional MIDI capabilities), so it'll have you covered there. I'm prett sure the built-in USB sound card will work with Traktor Pro 2, although it's not TSP certified, so if you want to use control vinyl, you'll have to get an external box.
    ___________________
    Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    ill quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor Michielygil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I've owned one of these and it's a briljant 2 channel mixer. The built in soundcard is great and works perfectly with Traktor pro 2. If you're using a pc, you can use the soundcard for Scratch too, since the Asio drivers are the same as the certified X1600. I can vouch for this. For Mac, other drivers are used (core) and that makes this mixer not Scratch compatible.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor m00n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil;
    If you're using a pc, you can use the soundcard for Scratch too, since the Asio drivers are the same as the certified X1600. I can vouch for this. For Mac, other drivers are used (core) and that makes this mixer not Scratch compatible.
    That's a handy piece of info.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor DJ ATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    291

    Default

    DNX600, similar to the DNX1600, you can use its internal sound card with Traktor.

    http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Pro...oductId=DNX600
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

  6. #6
    Tech Guru Garygary1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I've got one and it works perfect with traktor

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor DjZzeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I've owned one of these and it's a briljant 2 channel mixer. The built in soundcard is great and works perfectly with Traktor pro 2. If you're using a pc, you can use the soundcard for Scratch too, since the Asio drivers are the same as the certified X1600. I can vouch for this. For Mac, other drivers are used (core) and that makes this mixer not Scratch compatible.
    So you can use Serato if using a pc, and the Denon 'jog wheels' will work?

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor Frank112916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    So you can use Serato if using a pc, and the Denon 'jog wheels' will work?
    traktor scratch, not serato

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Cybertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Also, what jogwheels? Are you sure you're not thinking of the MC-6000?
    ___________________
    Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    ill quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

  10. #10

    Default

    ok thanks, i am not sure if i am can afford another midi fighter pro, will just one midi fighter do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •