VCI 400 mapping

Thread: VCI 400 mapping

Tech Wizard

Default VCI 400 mapping

Hello!
    Am i the only one who dosn't mind paying for only the vci 400 Ean Golden Mapping?

Due to taxes buying the VCI 400 controller will be a mess for me. and the same with the upgrade kit.. therefore i don't mind paying for only the mapping and firmware.. will this be possible you think? i Can't be the only one who think this

- Akay a!
    http://onesheet.com/akaya/

Your question is answered in this blog my friend

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/2...now-available/
    www.mixcloud.com/soundthriller
    http://djpod.com/soundthriller
    Dell Studio XPS 1340 core2duo P9600//Vestax VCI-400//Novation Nocturn//Novation Launchpad//Traktor Pro 2.6.1//Ableton Live 8.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    Your question is answered in this blog my friend

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/2...now-available/
    it's still a bit hidden..

Quote Originally Posted by Ean Golden
    It seems like the people have spoken - A firmware/mapping/overlay/knobs combo upgrade package needs to happen.*

WIth all of those items it will probably be about $99. How do you feel about that price?*
    will take 1-2 months to get a kit ready to sell says zach from the store..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Thank you Agastya!
    But as i wrote: it will also be a mess with the upgrade kit for me - du to taxes!
    am i really the only one, who only really would like the midi and firmwire for download?
    - and i find it only fair to buy this mapping. This is not because i don't want to support DJtechtools by avoiding their upgrade kit..

my guess is that there wont be any upgrade kit as there was with the vci100. vestax already provided a FW upgrade program, where a new firmware can be flashed via usb.

maybe you will have the option in the DJTT store to purchase just mapping and FW (which both will probably be downloads) without the knobs/overlay for less than 99$
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Does a standard VCI 400 controller that uses Ean Golden mapping, also require a custom firmware upgrade?
    I seem to be having an issue with some functions, in only some instances. If a custom firmware upgrade is required, is that something that can be downloaded or purchased from DJ TT?

Akay - I can't be sure of what you're asking, but yours helped me think of my question. The purchased Ean Golden VCI assuredly comes with all it needs and has, but what about for others who bought direct from Vestax?

you cannot use the EGE mapping with a normal vci.. too much stuff is not working..
    there will be a firmware upgrade kit sometime in the future.. no word on when exactly though by DJTT..
    soundcloud
    facebook

Weltraumpapst: Thank you for clarifying. I did a lot of web searching to try and find this answer. Do you happen to know what kind of timeframe this firmware upgrade kit will be sold on the market? Perhaps 3/6/or 9 months out? Or at least the timeframe previous firmware upgrades were released?

I sold a controller I previous had, expect to have upcoming shows, and am concerned I may not be able to perform.