Xone 22/DJM 250
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xone 22/DJM 250

Default Xone 22/DJM 250

What do people think of these two mixers? I'm looking to possibly change to an external mixing setup with an X1 and probably a K2 in the future. I've heard the only problem with the Xone 22 is the filter pop, and I can get a used one for $150-180. The DJM 250 is around 350 because it just came out and has dual filters. Has anyone used these mixers and could you tell me what you think?

Also, my main worry about using an external mixer + modular midi controllers is I won't have a pitch slider. Is it possible to route a rotary to change traktor's pitch? Or is pitch bending with buttons enough? I've even thought of using a couple of the xone K2's sliders as pitch sliders...the problem with that is there is no center click on those sliders. Your thoughts?

I like the Xone. (and have it)

Prefer it over a Pioneer anyday....as it sounds better.
    Its built like a tank. The Pop u learn to work around...no biggie.

Its a really nice lil mixer.

Rotary for Pitch....sure that is possible, but if you sync locking or using sync, buttons can work well for pitch bend. Thats how I have it.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I'd say go for the DJM, it's one of the most solid mixers in it's price bracket, and completely blows away everything I can think of in a cost/durability ratio. There's a little bit of case rattle when you tap the plate, but the knobs and buttons are all totally rock solid. It's more like a DJM mini than a budget DJM.

Also, I vote against the xone because of my end all nitpick with all of them: the gdmf cue section, and the filter workflow. This is just me, but in my experience, a "hot filter," that is, dual purpose knobs that don't have to be routed, is exponentially better suited to mixing. Yes, the filters on the DJM are a bit soft, and the xones filter "sounds nicer," but the way filter routing works vs hot filters just makes it more work to use than it has to be. Managing routing, filter position, and frequency knob position vs turn knob for filter has the potential to be set damaging if you get crossed up in the heat of the mix. This is just a nitpick though, both of them work quite well, and in practice you should be fine when you get the feel of it. However, a hot filter with a status indicator doesn't really have the potential to let you down. Just my $.02

I'm constantly hearing how Xone sound quality beats out pioneer....Is that the case with the lower entry level mixers as well? What makes xone's sound better?

I have used them both quite a bit and the Xone is built better and beats Pioneer in every aspect possible when it comes to comparing the two, but i just couldn't get along with the Xone so i would have to chose the Pio even though i think the build quality is far worse than the Xone.

But this is just from my experience.

So pay 170 dollars more for a unit that is worse quality...? Could you explain a bit more liambo?

Djm250>xone 22

I am a huge Xone fan much prefer the 92 to the likes of the 800

but for a 2 channel mixer the djm250 wins it for me

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    So pay 170 dollars more for a unit that is worse quality...? Could you explain a bit more liambo?
    Just felt a bit more at home around the DJM250 to be honest, There wasn't much build quality difference but i just felt that the Xone was built that bit better.

Although the Xone is a fantastic mixer and i have a lot of respect for it, i just enjoyed the Pio more i suppose. But it was just purely a preference, others may prefer the Xone (which i think they will).

But over here (UK) there is only like £1 difference between the two mixers new depending on where you go

I won't lie....I like Pioneers layout and ease of use.

Its like Windows....user friendly.

The Xone is a better mixer, but I am still not 100% used to it.
    The 22 is nothing...but the bigger brothers took some getting used to.

Once you have tried the Xone series, you will hear the diff in sound.
    Maybe not in your bedroom, but on a big outdoor rig, I find it just sounds MUCH warmer and does not freak out like the Pioneer when you push it a bit my mistake.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    I've even thought of using a couple of the xone K2's sliders as pitch sliders...the problem with that is there is no center click on those sliders. Your thoughts?
    That's totally possible. Easy to do but as you say no centre click is a problem.

On the K2 i have used one of the encoders at the top as a Tempo Fader and set the click to reset with soft takeover on the encoder. Works really well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast