F***ing song lists
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default F***ing song lists

So I did the winter dance for my school and of course they gave me a song list for 90% of the event. It was pretty irritating. Now I get another gig for this exchange student dance and guess what? 42 song playlist. Why the fuck do they need me when they can just rent some speakers and use iTunes? jeez.

Get a better gig?

I do heaps of house parties, and the way i look at it is that if their paying me for my skill, speakers, lights etc. They can tell me whatever they want played.
    Posted this a while ago, but i charged this girl my normal price for a completely Indian party playing Bollywood stuff etc.

If you don't want to do it though, decline or just pass on the gig. but it all helps you put your name forward and get more gigs.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You could always say no.

Use it as a jumping point and see how far you can take it. Find some remixes. 42 songs isn't gonna last you very long anyway.

I mean Im charging 100 an hour for 3 hours so the money isnt bad at all, but its just irritating lol. I feel like the point of a DJ is for his/her track selection AND mixing skills, just just mixing.

Well don't complain if you feel that your missing a crucial part in your work that you're still getting paid for(;
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

ill take the money, heck makes my job a whole lot easier to buld a playlist and drop the tracks in the order they want. BOOM & POW/
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Take the job, make a pre-mix cd, do what the 'big names' do, raise your hands and turn knobs..........get paid!

I wish I got payed 100$ an hour to play some choons. I could understand the concern if you weren't getting payed, but frankly I don't understand otherwise. I'd play tunes at a funeral if I was getting that kind of cash.
    alone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast