Aghhh why is my DN-MC6000 stuck on channel 13-16? Need it mapped to 1-4
    Tech Mentor

Default [SOLVED] Aghhh why is my DN-MC6000 stuck on channel 13-16? Need it mapped to 1-4

Need help this is getting frustrating.

Just bought a Denon DN-MC6000, it's pretty damn nice I gotta say. However, trying to map this thing is a pain in the ass. Yes there's preset TSIs all over the place, including one on traktor. The problem is that, this thing is STUCK on Channels 13, 14, 15, and 16. All of the TSIs are Channels 1, 2, 3, 4. I remember being able to change the midi channels on a midifighter because that has a menu mode, yet I can't seem to find a way to change the channels on this thing for the life of me. For once, I'd like to actually use somebody elses' TSI instead of making my own from scratch as per usual.

How do I change the channel on the midi itself so I can get a TSI working for this thing? I've searched like mad now...please help!
    Last edited by rt24; 03-01-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Tech Mentor

Somebody has to know come on guys

RingTFM always works wonders
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Hold down shift and press the first of the 4 small buttons in the middle of the controller above the faders and below the forward/back buttons (I think its record) to change it to midi channel 1-4.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Hold down shift and press the first of the 4 small buttons in the middle of the controller above the faders and below the forward/back buttons (I think its record) to change it to midi channel 1-4.
    Oh my god you just saved me hours. Thank you so much wow!

Edit:

THANK YOU AGAIN <3

wow, never knew this controller had that feature built in, huge for mapping heads!

this and the fact it's a standalone mixer makes this thing a real competitor in my eyes
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by norequest View Post
    wow, never knew this controller had that feature built in, huge for mapping heads!

this and the fact it's a standalone mixer makes this thing a real competitor in my eyes
    This thing is a beast, by far the best product I've ever boughten. The midi functions are crazy, touch sensitive jogs which was unexpected, and the deck change functions are incredible, there's like a built in modifier that can change control decks from A to C and B to D, and it changes colour and doesn't require any set up and...I can go on and on it's incredible. Not to mention the feel of it, so sturdy. If you were to throw this thing into a wall it would go through, it's heavy but small...

I love this thing. The mixer + midi is the main reason why I bought it though...+ booth outs! Has it's own soundcard too! Really amazing..

norequest: I hadn't even thought of using the different midi channels for extended mapping..... now you've given me some great ideas!!

rt24: Totally agree, this thing is an amazing piece of kit! I use it for mobile DJing, so the built in mixer is a must if the computer ever goes down, always have an mp3 player connected and ready to go! Having 2 mic inputs with they're own eq are amazing. The sound quality is really good as well, plus there's just so many buttons to map! With modifiers the possibilities are endless!!!