Improving a tech- deep and mnml mix
    Tech Mentor

Default Improving a tech- deep and mnml mix

I'm one of those DJ's that doesnit like a lot of effects added to a mix. I mixed vinyl for several years and didn't have the gear to add effects. Then I made the switch to DVS and even then I didn't use effects and loop techniques. It was the way is was done then.
    Nowadays there is a complete new generation of gear and possibilities. I mix now with a midi controller and Traktor 2. I'm open for improvement and new techniques. What is possible and do-able with tech and mnml house without making sound like a box of matchboxes

Offcourse I can experiment with all that is possible. A midifighter clone is in the making. All I want with this thread is your opinion on effects and other stuff in house mixes.

Tech Guru

I normally spin Tech-House, House, Deep-House all that stuff and the main effects I use is a Delay, Reverb and Filter (preferably the Xone 92 filter) basically I'll sometimes slowly high pass a part to create a mini break ( not too much just enough to cut the bass out) and add a small amount of reverb then slowly add more and begin add delay before I drop the track back in play with the delays timing and BOOM......

drop the track in again
    Last edited by Santos10; 03-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Here's a demo of the DB:4 effects in a tech-house mix...some nice stuff for building tension live.. It's in german, but i think you'll get the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHBpN33oQc

Sure, it is probably the mixer with the best sounding effects available right now, but some effects should also be doable on other gear.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for that video and your opinions. I'll give it a shot this weekend.