*update* on my first gig
    Tech Wizard

Default *update* on my first gig

so the party lasted from 5:30 and pretty much ended @ 12:45.
    everyone enjoyed themselves. got "noticed" and recommended for other parties.
    personally i didnt like my mix. i had to use splitter cable which was bad cuz i couldnt cue. the sound on the 60 watt pa system i got was tad bit poor. the music sounded better in my stereo headphones.
    only one complaint. so this black kid. freshmen and only the non sober person at the party comes up to me and ask if i have "gehtto" music. i said ya i have a few tracks. played and cont to play EDM along with song everyone knows from radios. same guy comes up to me and ask hey can i play my ipod. and my first thought are you serious. but i couldnt say no cuz the bday girl was there. so i let play a few tracks. everyone got sick of so i unplugged it and start mixing. then he starts bitching to the bday bout how crappy of a dj i was and how im not playing gehtto music so she comes to tell me why im letting him play his ipod i said its not my thing to do. i mean its just not really what your suppost todo as a DJ, but anyway i got over and just played nice. i got paid 25 bucks and a 15 dollar itunes card.

what i need to improve on
    mixing in key
    wider library
    sound card
    laptop

if any suggestion and tips let me know, thanks for the supports guis

Get used to it.

It'll happen nearly every gig.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Get used to it.

It'll happen nearly every gig.

This. House Parties / Mobile DJing can be the pits sometimes.
    But its good money. So i'm not complaining (:
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

You should ask for more $$$ I generally charge $40-50 (aussie dollars) an hour for parties, especially of your using your gear. House parties are a great way to get ya shit broken so cover your ass. I mean not right away if that was your first gig but keep it in mind.