Dj Booth Build DIY cool booth for less than 150$
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Dj Booth Build DIY cool booth for less than 150$

I am not able to purchase Ikea stuff in Montana but I really wanted a taller dj booth. I decided to make my own as leaning over a folding table kills your back. Not being able to spend more than 150$ and needing to meet certain size requirements i was able to cheaply design my ideal dj booth.
    I tested some hieghts and found 33" tall x 48" long x 24" deep to be ideal for a 12" mixer with either two cdj's or two 1210's. Using exactly two sheets of ply wood for everything you are able to dramatically save on cost. Make sure the hardware store does all the long cuts for you, its usually free, and a lot easier to haul smaller pieces in your car. All the leg curves were drawn and copied from one leg to the rest. the round corners were drawn with a medium coffee can. Remember to leave holes for cable to pass through the back and sides. L-brackets were used to tie the whole thing together becuase they leave a more furniture like finish and no exposed screw heads.

Tools needed: drill, jig-saw (if you want the curves, sand paper, speed square, strait edge of some kind (level)

Supplies: L-brackets (comes with screws), sandpaper, pencil, 2 sheet of 8' x 4' ply 3/4" (Birch in photo)

Difficulty: 6/10

time: 6 hours

Last edited by djkidmt; 02-05-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Poor Grammer

Tech Wizard

Tech Wizard

that looks awesome man, really like what you've done with it. what height are you?

Tech Wizard

Tech Wizard

I am 5' 11" so very average

thats the same as me, i've 32 inch legs, i think thats seriously cool, i'd love a little project like that!

Tech Wizard

This project was seriously easy with very satisfying results. plus all the custom shelves that fit my records and turntables is a sweet bonus.

good job...looks great...

i made mine out of two sheets of MDF and built in a slide out tray for records...i found two pieces of mdf that had bad corners and paid half price for them...like 40 bucks for two sheets of 3/4 inch...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Love it!! great work.

and great minds think alike!! 2 X CDJ 900's + a DJM 900 on a custom desk.

(not to thread hijack but) SNAP!!

13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast