Technics SL-1200 Stylus Illuminator LED - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I think I figured it out... The Zener does act as a voltage regulator. Hence I guess it is just a matter of matching the LED with the Zener voltage of diode (or vice-versa). For instance, the Mk5 Zener voltage is 5.1volts (MAZ40510M) so I guess it would be safe assuming the LED voltage in more or less 5 volts. Here's the actual circuit...

Just go to radioshack and get a 5mm LED, it will have the specs on the package so you can choose the right resistor.

--------------------------
    led strip lighting
    led strip lighting outdoor
    12v led light bars

I'm trying to replace the pop-up light on my mk2 with an LED too, I was wondering if you guys figured out what components you needed to accomplish this. Did you ever get the LED working?

Tech Mentor

Done it hundreds of times. 5mm will not fit in the lamp tube very well. Use 3mm LED's bend them 90 degrees and add heat shrink to the legs once you have soldered the wires on. You will need to put a resistor in series with the LED to stop it from blowing due to over voltage. The 1200 MK2’s spit out 20 - 21vcd for the pop up lamp.

Use this calculator http://www.bennyinternational.com/li...alculator.html to work out what resistor you need. The resistor value will vary depending on the LED specs. Note you need to wire the LED/s in parallel.

Last but not least you need to clip off the resistor on the lamp switch.

If the LED doesn’t light after you have wired it up you most probably have wired its legs ass about. Swap the wires and you should have light.

The components and heat shrink will cost you approx. $5 per deck. It's an easy job just take your time. A quick tip is discard the globe and the white plastic globe holder. Have fun

Ah no wonder my pop up lamp looks dim...i forgot to bend them and now it has been installed.
    hmm...too lazy to unscrew the base just to get to the pop up lamp again...is it possible to try using long thin object to do the bending from the outside?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by audiolive View Post
    Done it hundreds of times. 5mm will not fit in the lamp tube very well. Use 3mm LED's bend them 90 degrees and add heat shrink to the legs once you have soldered the wires on. You will need to put a resistor in series with the LED to stop it from blowing due to over voltage. The 1200 MK2’s spit out 20 - 21vcd for the pop up lamp.

Use this calculator http://www.bennyinternational.com/li...alculator.html to work out what resistor you need. The resistor value will vary depending on the LED specs. Note you need to wire the LED/s in parallel.

If the LED doesn’t light after you have wired it up you most probably have wired its legs ass about. Swap the wires and you should have light.

The components and heat shrink will cost you approx. $5 per deck. It's an easy job just take your time. A quick tip is discard the globe and the white plastic globe holder. Have fun
    Nice tips man

Default this is somehow related to the topc, please any help is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by audiolive View Post

HELP PLEASE!
    I was replacing the stylus lamp for the regular technics replacement bulb, just by cutting wires and joining them with the new bulb wires, and accidentally the two cables touched and the turntable went off. It is not turning on since then and I can't find the fuse on it, any help? any advice?
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by thugsucker View Post

nope, mine is an older version, it has no fuses, i'm prety much screwed so far, almost 3 weeks past and i'm still dwelling with this bull crap... please heeeelp

Quote Originally Posted by ecks mdc View Post
    nope, mine is an older version, it has no fuses, i'm prety much screwed so far, almost 3 weeks past and i'm still dwelling with this bull crap... please heeeelp
    Let me guess, an old 1200 ?
    Please post picture of main circuit board & what are you voltage readings now (transfo) ?

My first assessment says change the power transistors Q2 & Q3 (NTE16)
    You could always PM 'Nicadraus'...he is a real wizard with Sl's

Stay calm, you really have to screw something up to kill a SL, it's only wounded now

Ps. make SHURE the needle lamp wires are not shorting again !
    Last edited by JohnnyDrama; 01-12-2015 at 06:04 AM.
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast