movie quotes to samples - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

(Sorry for derailing the thread a bit. SirReal is absolutely right, take the midstream urine!)

Thanks dude. Takes forever to do that stuff but still no one wants to listen to it.

I've been doing that for a while now:

Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 03-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Just so you know, you should only take the audio from the Center channel as that's 99.9% Dialog while FX and MX are all over the L,C,R,Ls & Rs. You'll still here a little bit of FX & Music in the center channel but mostly Dialog.
    Excellent point! The dialogue would come out much cleaner that way. This is assuming you have a DVD player with RCA out's for each channel or a correctly set up receiver.

You should also be aware that it's technically copyright infringement if you use samples from television and movies but I'd assume lawyers would only come after you if you're selling a product that uses those samples and not for, spicing up a live mix but I think technically they could still come after you even for that.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

There's a huge gray area when it comes to sampling, but as SirReal said, if you're not making money, you should be safe.

Also to HedgeHog, the classic house special mix art is crazy! Reminds me a bit of Human Centipede. Ass to ass rather than ass to mouth....
    nope.

Tech Mentor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirReal
    Just so you know, you should only take the audio from the Center channel as that's 99.9% Dialog while FX and MX are all over the L,C,R,Ls & Rs. You'll still here a little bit of FX & Music in the center channel but mostly Dialog.

Excellent point! The dialogue would come out much cleaner that way. This is assuming you have a DVD player with RCA out's for each channel or a correctly set up receiver.
    There is always a stereo mix which would come from the RCA output of a DVD player that you could route to a channel on your mixer or depending on your soundcard you could plug into a deck in Traktor as a live input and record....

Yes but the stereo mix would have music and sounf FX mixed with the Dialog. Actually the 2 trk is usually an LtRt and if you run THAT through a dolby decoder you'd get a LCR and mono surround the C would have less music and FX but taking the center channel from the 5.1 mix is the cleanest way to get Dialog that's not smothered in FX and music. I do this for a living, trust me.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

if your movie is in .avi format, whether a dvd rip or whatever. you can extract the audio by dropping the file into an audio editor such as audition.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I have the Traktor Audio 6 so ill try the line out from my dvd player

Above & Beyond's 02/07/2011 essential mix has a few cool movie quotes in it. A good one is from School Of Rock where the kid asks Jack Black if they're going to be goofing off every day, and he says they're creating musical fusion.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12