Windows 7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

Thinking about upgrading?

Please read:
    Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
    More here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Probably not. Really for two reasons.

1. It's going to be expensive, I already can't pay for the shit I need. Let alone the shit I want.

2. Assuming Microsoft pulls another Windows Vista, I don't want to have to deal with compatability issues. I already tweak out when buying some piece of hardware because I'm scared to death it won't work with Vista. Oh, the terror of going through that with an even newer OS. Lol.

But really. I'll give Windows 7 a few years to get kicked around before I give it a shot.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

It's supposed to blow Vista out of the water! They had the beta version running on an Old Sega Game Gear!!! Amazing! They ran some speed test of some sort (not really sure what it was called) and it was processing info faster than XP, Vista, and OSX!
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1379 View Post
    It's supposed to blow Vista out of the water! They had the beta version running on an Old Sega Game Gear!!! Amazing! They ran some speed test of some sort (not really sure what it was called) and it was processing info faster than XP, Vista, and OSX!
    Lets hope this will work in the real world. That would make me happy in the pants.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Win7 should put MS back in the game, I really haven't been following the dev on it, but are they close to release the RC? When the RC drops I will install it on VM fusion to see how good it runs.

To Nate1379

They ran some speed test...and it was processing info faster than...OSX!
    Lets not start a PC Vs Mac thread, I sure someone will take offense to this comment without a link or a website that did the test.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Vista: No comment. I'm not going to get into another 10 page arguement with Nem0nic. haha.

Win7: It's a great OS. I'll upgrade to it as soon as my DAWs/DJ programs are officially compatable. (Just like I did with vista.) However I'll probably run a dual boot system long before that.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

A few of the N.I. Beta Team have been testing TSP on Win 7 (just for there own satisfaction) and the results have been very positive.

I agree with JesC it could put MS back in the game after the disaster that is Vista.
    I know some people have good results with Vista BUT it has to be said that a huge amount of the problems that people have with their Traktor setups are Vista related.

As for PC vs Mac , that doesnt interest me im Mac but even so id love it if Win 7 worked great with Traktor (and other DVS) . I hate the PC vs Mac debate and i just want Win users to have it as easy as us Mac users. It also means that i can buy a cheap third laptop that will work out-of the box.
    And it might finally but the pc/mac thing to bed (or is that wishful thinking).

Tech Wizard

Been using the beta version since it was released to all Microsoft partners, haven't had a problem with it since, and I'm not even using a Core 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Win7 should put MS back in the game, I really haven't been following the dev on it, but are they close to release the RC? When the RC drops I will install it on VM fusion to see how good it runs.

To Nate1379

Lets not start a PC Vs Mac thread, I sure someone will take offense to this comment without a link or a website that did the test.

JesC
    I've mostly followed the Windows 7 Saga throuhg CruchGear.com. I'm not sure if the RC is out... actualy I'm not sure what an RC is? Anyways, earlier this year they released the beta (2 or 3 updates since), but it was only available for a limited time. CruchGear was/is following what different people are doing with it. I was blown away when they showed someone running it on a Game Gear... how old is that thing. And my $3000 laptop from 3-years ago probably can't run Vista.

As far as the test they ran. I know they ran several different tests, and it was only on one that it scored higher than OSX. I can't remember the score... probably something like this... W7 Score 9556... OSC Score 9555. Still, the fact that it is even close at all is amazing. Hopefully Microsoft will get there shit together for this... it could save the company.

Funny tid-bit. Buisness version of Windows 7 comes with downgrade disc to XP for company's that need new computers but don't want to change all of there OS's... how funny
    DJ N8

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Been using the beta version since it was released to all Microsoft partners, haven't had a problem with it since, and I'm not even using a Core 2.
    Are you using Windows 7 with Traktor/VCI??
    DJ N8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast