djtt buy/sell offer is this a scam?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default djtt buy/sell offer is this a scam?

I had a member message me who had joined 6 days ago with 0 posts asking to buy an item of mine and ship it to his address in Norway. He claims that hes been on the forum for a while now but only officially joined because he liked my item. He also says that the price for my item in Norway is outrageous so he has to order it from the US/ME. Right away this seemed like some sort of scam, but if the address on the paypal account is official shipping address it should be ok right? Well i still had some skepticism so i offered that i put it as a Buy it Now on Ebay with total price and international shipping and he just go and purchase it there, so then I would have more security because its going through ebay and paypal..... but in the end im still a little worried what do you guys think?

ebay won't offer you any more security and you're just giving more money to ebay.

You should be fine, doesn't sound sketchy to me lots of gear is expensive overseas and if he is paying with paypal I don't see the big deal.

Do what I do and ask the buyer to provide you with a photo of them self outside their house, with their laptop showing their Paypal Account Page and their driving license in the other hand (or teeth). If it's a high value transaction I would also ask for a local celebrity or community leader to be present in the picture holding a sign with the current location's GPS coordinates. Mayors are pretty typical.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Doesnt seem like a scam to me either.I have done it years ago with another forum when was flying stunt kites.As well as this the paypla would be fine with your security.Tell to send money first or you can say the transaction would be 75 percent first and after you shipped send the tracking number and ask the other part at least when smthng goes wrong you can tell auhorities that you get some money and send it but dont get the rest and the pther guy cant say he didnt recieved it

By the way what were you selling ?
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can always talk over Skype if that would make you feel better.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Do what I do and ask the buyer to provide you with a photo of them self outside their house, with their laptop showing their Paypal Account Page and their driving license in the other hand (or teeth). If it's a high value transaction I would also ask for a local celebrity or community leader to be present in the picture holding a sign with the current location's GPS coordinates. Mayors are pretty typical.
    haha.. this kinda reminds me of the ppl who make scammers in nigeria do weird things.. (click)
    but you're right..

what's the item you're selling? cant believe that it's cheaper to buy from the us when you are in europe cause of taxes and vat.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Ah yes, Nigerian scammers... The following gem occurred earlier this week, after "Victoria Caleb from the UK" bought my iPad on Ebay

Hi Mate,

I write to inform you that I paid $720.00 for the item110832636579).I want this item shipped via USPS Express Mail International to my Cousin.Find below his name and address
    that you will have to send the item to:

AKINJIDE TAYLOR
    29 ADELAKU STREET
    ABULE IJESHA
    YABA LAGOS
    NIGERIA.
    +2347034235421

Send the shipping details to me today soon as you ship it, so i can forward it to him.

Kind Regards,

Victoria.

PS: The Extra Money is to enable you send via USPS Express Mail International.
    Needless to say, there was no money in my Paypal account, so I filed a submission with Ebay's fraud desk. Early the next morning I received this, labeled "URGENT":

Hi,

I have contacted paypal and they told me that they are waiting for the tracking details from you so that the total funds can be released to your paypal account.Pls note that i

am buying this item for my Cousin has a Gift and i want the item to get to him before his Birthday Date that was why i made the swift payment to you ok.Find below his name and

address that you will have to send the item to again via USPS Express Mail International :

AKINJIDE TAYLOR
    29 ADELAKU STREET
    ABULE IJESHA
    YABA LAGOS
    NIGERIA.
    +2347034235421

Send the shipping details to me today soon as you ship it, so i can forward it to him.

Kind Regards,

Victoria.
    For funsies, I decided to reply

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry this took me so long, but I've now shipped the item. I wanted to make up for the extra time, so instead of shipping it by USPS I hired a jet pilot courier to fly it straight from Oklahoma to Murtala Muhammed International Airport. His airplane is reeeeeally fast too, so the iPad should be there in a couple of hours. Akinjide should go there and look for a pilot named Sam, he has the iPad.

Thanks
    Gotta love the internet
    I blow stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    haha.. this kinda reminds me of the ppl who make scammers in nigeria do weird things.. (click)
    but you're right..

what's the item you're selling? cant believe that it's cheaper to buy from the us when you are in europe cause of taxes and vat.
    selling TSD2

Haha! Asdrn, please post the reply you get from "Victoria"!

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    cant believe that it's cheaper to buy from the us when you are in europe cause of taxes and vat.
    i think this also applicable to the rest of the world too.
    buying rare gears is never been easy in my place, people simply put a cut throat pricing on their items...when calculated it's much cheaper to buy overseas than in the country (security reason is another thing, dont mind the tax if any..these are the excuses from the local seller)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast