Audio setup for cuing in headphones
    Tech Convert

Default Audio setup for cuing in headphones

Alright this is day 2 of me coming within an inch of smashing my equipment over what seems to be my smallest but biggest problem yet. I am very new to this DJ stuff but I've been messing around with TSP2 for a little while. So I now have 2 Technic 1200's running through a Rane ttm-56 mixer and into the Audio 10 and finally to my MacBook pro. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cue the next song in the headphones without it coming through my speakers. I've tried all different output settings in Traktor, unhooked, restarted everything even tried putting my headphones right into the Audio 10 which did nothing. Both tracks fade from A to B fine but whether or not the headphones button is clicked, both songs play through both my speakers and headphones. What is the obvious solution which I'm sure is right in front of my face that I'm missing??

Tech Mentor

You shouldn't be using the headphone button in Traktor if you're plugging your headphones into an external mixer...

The mixer itself will have a dedicated cue knob or slider that will let you listen to channel A or B, or both.

external mixing. use the mixer to cue. solved
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Yup that was the retard step I was missing, thanks to both

Tech Mentor

No worries! First time I tried to hook up my gear externally I definitely had to do a double take.

Tech Convert

Ok, heres my problem.

I have a macbook and an S2. I can't get the main mix to play through my macbook and cue in the headphones. Is this even possible?

What setting should I use so that I can hear the main externally yet still cue in my cans?

Connect your speakers to the back of the S2 and your headphones to the front of the S2.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpzy View Post
    Is this even possible?
    It's possible, but you ideally want to be using a single soundcard for low-latency audio. If you are desperate to do this, you'll have to aggregate soundcards (you'd have to use asio4all on PC).
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Connect your speakers to the back of the S2 and your headphones to the front of the S2.

It's possible, but you ideally want to be using a single soundcard for low-latency audio. If you are desperate to do this, you'll have to aggregate soundcards (you'd have to use asio4all on PC).
    Thats what I was afraid of lethal. Thanks for confirming it for me though. Im not super desperate as the sync function makes it pretty easy to beat match.

I know that they are not the industry standard, but what have you heard about the M Audio monitors? For 80 bucks I can get some powered monitors to play through.