over-moderated?

View Poll Results: Do the moderators on DJ TechTools forums overuse their privileges?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the forum moderation goes a little far at times

16 17.58%
  • No, it's fine and they do a good job.

75 82.42%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: over-moderated?

Default over-moderated?

So I'm a big fan of this forum. I'm also all for saying what you feel and not getting all butt hurt from posts on the internet. While I understand not everyone is the same, so you think negativity in posts really hurts the site? I feel like I've been seeing way too many posts get moved/deleted/locked/edited.
    Last edited by Jester; 03-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I'd like to add I have no personal problems with the Mods, and have never had any of my stuff messed with... Just posting an observation.

I've only noticed threads that are wildly out of control or just plain stupid get closed. I think the Mods on this forum are great at keeping things in line. This is the only forum I've seen where bashing and shit talk don't run rampant.

Ibtl haha
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Guru

I've noticed they are a little too fast to combine threads...recently I saw a thread that got combined that had nothing to do w/ the thread it got combined with other than that it made mention of the topic. Of course, I know no one here will admit it, but if anyone mentions anything negative about NI then it's prob not going too far before it gets closed. Other than that I think they do a great job

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    if anyone mentions anything negative about NI then it's prob not going too far before it gets closed
    Got any examples to back up this assertion?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 03-03-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

I mean you've been around for a little while. If you havent noticed it, then thats cool. I've def seen it on a few occasions. Kinda hard to dig em up, it's not something I keep track of. I do remember a thread that would be a great example that got just plain deleted and another that got "combined" (bunch of posts deleted too) with some other massive general thread (like 13+ pages) that was really meant for S4 users that were having audio issues, and I think this guys original thread had something to do w/ just Traktor 2...so with it being combined with a thread that was soo big and kinda didnt have anything to do w/ the topic felt to me like they were trying to sweep it under the rug.

Not trying to prove anything either...if you haven't noticed/experienced it then good. I think they're doing a good job all in all, just throwing out honest feedback from my point of view
    Last edited by manchild; 03-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.

At the end of the day, if you're going to bitch about this sort of stuff, then there's plenty of un-moderated corners of the internet to troll. Nobody is keeping you here.

As for the mods, who work here for free, keep the forum from descending into a repetitive "what headphones, sync is cheating, give me your music library, give me a DJ name" hell and still get this slap in the face from the very people they are trying to provide a service to, keep up the good work.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    At the end of the day, if you're going to bitch about this sort of stuff, then there's plenty of un-moderated corners of the internet to troll. Nobody is keeping you here.

As for the mods, who work here for free, keep the forum from descending into a repetitive "what headphones, sync is cheating, give me your music library, give me a DJ name" hell and still get this slap in the face from the very people they are trying to provide a service to, keep up the good work.
    I think you're taking the OP all wrong. There's no bitching here at all, if anything it's just feedback. I think everyone will agree they are doing a good job and I'm sure no one is un-grateful. I've seen some things that maybe I woulda handled different...I mean I dnno maybe I wouldnt. Im cool w/ the way things are.
    Last edited by manchild; 03-03-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: cant spell

@manchild... In the vernacular of the OP, I was 'just posting an observation'

To respond to your previous point, you appear to be insinuating that there is a shadowy agenda behind some of the actions moderators are taking, specifically regarding NI products, correct?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 03-03-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I think its better to be over moderated then under.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast