Noobie Question!
    Tech Wizard

Default Noobie Question!

I'm spinning this gig next friday. It's a big event and I am spinning from 12 - 3 am.. I am confused on how to fade in my set over the previous DJ's..

The club set up is pioneer CDJ's and a pioneer mixer. The first is using Torq, with a macbook pro. I am intending to use my Audio 4 DJ, VCI-100SE and my macbook. and hooking it up to the mixer. is there a way I could effectively switch over his set into mine? or do i have to stop and unhook everything quickly and put my stuff on?

hm..in my opinion hes just using one channel of the mixer so u can easily hook ur system up while he is playing...dunno
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Yeah there should be more than just 2 inputs on the back of the house. But if not. Wait till he is on his last track unplug the unused channel, then plug in your shit. Then beatmatch or fade or drop it (your style here).
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

yeah thats what i thought. there definately is more than 2 outputs on the mixer'

Hmm. I just noticed I reiterated what earl said
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

I would suggest to arrive early so you can check the mixer´s connections and that everything is working. Then do as this wise guy are telling you, connect into the unused channel on the mixer and if it only has 1 pair of rca inputs, make sure to disconnect the other djs cables gently and make sure you are disconneccting the correct connections.
    Now, for your cables I would recomend keeping your order here. A common mistake is to connect for example deck A into line mixer 2 and deck B to line 1...and then you will get confused. So I suggest that you find a way to label near the end of your cables so you are shure which one correspond to wich deck.

And 2 final advices
    1.- Watch ean´s video tutorial on how to set up your gear in a club and research in this forum about this topic , there are a few old threads about this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeevazoXGMg

2.- If you feel unsure you can always have a track with a long instrumental or vocal intro to mix in wich will not require any beatmatching while fading out the other dj track.

Cheers!