Played my Second party last night

Default Played my Second party last night

So last night I Djed my second party ever. Been into djing for 4 or 5 months so far, I wasnt looking into going out and djing anything for awhile since im not completely comfortable with my skills so far, but my fraternity was running short on cash and needed some type of music so i volunteered. It wasnt an ideal setup, there wasnt an actual dj booth (so my back was killing me by the end of the night), and there was no monitors for me. But overall i had fun and it was good experience, and the results were fairly decent.

Anyways, somebody took a pretty cool picture of me getting everything set up before the party, so i figured i would share. Feel free to share any pictures from recent gigs, but just wanted to share my experience!

Tech Mentor

looks pretty sweet what are you using there?
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Just a mixdeck running through Virtual Dj. I didnt get into this hobby ever thinking i would play parties or anything like that, so i started with something that was fairly beginnerish. But for now it works for me, hopefully in the future i can get some 1200's and mixer, but that will be down the road when im way more confident in my abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    looks pretty sweet what are you using there?
    Looks like the NS6.

Edit: It's the mixdeck.
    Last edited by NathanWard; 03-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1