region restricted vci ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default region restricted vci ???

with vci 100`s being a bit hard to get hold of in the uk at the moment ive been toying with the idea of ordering an american one via ebay . As it is USB powered there should be no problems in powering the unit should there ?? im guessing that the only difference between uk and us models is going to be the mains power voltage but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could clear this up . many apologies if this has already been asked somewhere and many thanks in advance.

You can power the VCI over usb - so if you order a unit from the states (like from djtt) you wont have any problems running it.

Tech Wizard

thankyou man . djtt only seem to have the arcade modded ones in stock though and thats a lil over budget for the moment

so why don´t u try to get a unit from europe like germany, spain, austria...?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scsheep View Post
    with vci 100`s being a bit hard to get hold of in the uk at the moment ive been toying with the idea of ordering an american one via ebay . As it is USB powered there should be no problems in powering the unit should there ?? im guessing that the only difference between uk and us models is going to be the mains power voltage but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could clear this up . many apologies if this has already been asked somewhere and many thanks in advance.
    Fack man you have just made the thread i was about to make, seriously ive just posted in another thread about my thinking on this.

Currently VCI 100s are impossible to get in UK. Music Stores are sold out and the ones the have them in stock on their websites dont have them when you call, they just want to sign you up to their stock list .

One big store has them and is selling them at $150 more than the normal price , well fuck them.

There are loads on eBay from the States and the price is really good but will i get hit for Tax when it arrives in UK. Normally the seller marks it as a gift and your cool. Thats what i did with my original Traktor Scratch. BUT theres a seller called ProAudioStar but another DJTT member has told me that PAS wont mark the item as a gift so you could get hit by Tax and it would be very expensive.

What Music Stores do my American cousins recomend ?
    Gotta ship to UK and be reliable.
    I hear really bad stories about Guitar Centre.

What about European Stores?
    Any recomendations?

Gonna have a search Online for US/Euro Stores this weekend.

Hey, get it from thomann.de
    Really big, reliable music store. Ordered there myself and had no problems with it.

http://http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_vci_100_dj_midi_controller.htm
    Tpro v1.1 - VCM-100 / Novaton Nocturn

Tech Wizard

lol santos im currently bidding on one on ebay . i was bidding on a specially edition on there but it got pulled :S
    if i dont win this one this afternoon im gonna order from america or europe .
    also whilst i have a thread open if i buy a korg padkontrol or akai mpc24 would it possible to use that alongside the vci for activating the 4 cue points per deck ?

sire i find the us exchange rate much more favourable . that site is still gonna cost close to £400 with shipping .
    Last edited by scsheep; 04-25-2009 at 06:59 AM.

yeah like sire i would recommend www.thomann.de i order pretty often there and it´s totally worth the trade...good customer service and a lot of stuff at there store...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scsheep View Post
    lol santos im currently bidding on one on ebay . i was bidding on a specially edition on there but it got pulled :S
    if i dont win this one this afternoon im gonna order from america or europe .
    also whilst i have a thread open if i buy a korg padkontrol or akai mpc24 would it possible to use that alongside the vci for activating the 4 cue points per deck ?

sire i find the us exchange rate much more favourable . that site is still gonna cost close to £400 with shipping .
    Dude that SE you were bidding on (if its the same one, must be) went on at 250pounds Buy It Now and i was undecided about it for about 3 hours then the guy upped it to 270 then took it off Buy It Now.
    Turns out it WASNT an SE. I told him that he had a Standard VCI with and overlay and it didnt have all the black Knobs/fader etc. (Mod BentoSan looked at it for me) the seller was like "right ok".
    He told me he wanted to sell his FastTrack Pro soundcard with it.
    So i guess he got rid off both , he told me he was considering a Buy It Now price for both items maybe even the Firmware Kit hes also selling.

Ive been watching one thats up in a few hours but its gone up to nearly the same price as brand new and i aint paying Brand New price for used goods no matter if it BNIB cus theres no warranty.

Your right about Thomann.

Just gotta get a US store to ship to UK and NOT get taxed.

Dude maybe we can barter with a shop and buy 2 together and get a discount

Oh yeah , i intend to use a Korg Nanopad alongside the VCI. No worries, its a good combo. Forum Member Chilly uses them together, i trust his judgement.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-25-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Tech Wizard

i was bidding on both the soundcard the vci that guy had up . made him an offer of 340 for the two and he said he wanted to let the auction run so i thought fair enough . i got back from the pub and they were both pulled but the firmware kit is still up .

please outbid me so i can buy from the us :P yeah its my bid thats winning at the moment . didnt really think it would go this high lol it was sat at 140 til this morning with just my bid on it ... ahh well .

yeah man if i dont win this one deffo up for trying to get a deal on two .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast