Your DJ name? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your DJ name?

Im a director as well so wanted to keep my real name for that, google searches etc.

I chose max one about 14 years ago, when I was a drum and bass/old sko Dj primarily and there were a few "one" s about... Mark one being the only "one" I can remember now
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

I'm changing my DJ name soon too. There's another Toontown out there who is way bigger than me, recently there's a lot of confusion on Soundcloud and Twitter and I'm getting tired of the trolls telling me how much I suck. I don't have much of a following either.

Tech Mentor

Pierre Moreno is a fantastic name. I'd leave it at that.

Definitly stick with Pedro Moreno it sounds perfect, I've got DoubleYou cuzz my name is Rutger Willems.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I know that there has been a thread one this one already, but here goes:

First called myself tekki, because I loved the technical stuff and my favorite Kyokushin kata was tekki shodan.

At one point I also saw another up and coming d&b DJ spinning tunes under the same DJ name.

From here I decided to take up on my own first name and my first daughter's second name, which led to Leslie Jones.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

+1 on your real name!

My real name is Jake Lake so I didn't have much choice. I don't particularly care for having a "DJ" in front, but everyone calls me DJ Jake Lake so I just go with it.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

I don't really like DJ in front, unfortunatly someone on this form has already taken DoubleYou
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Thank you guys great advice !

See I would have never guessed that my real name sounded okay.. I'm probably gonna stick to it for formal stuff and french House prod if I ever touch that.
    As for the rest I'll take Pedro Moreno I think. AdamPollard that is a funny video but I think the whole purpose of a DJ name is to be unique and/or have personality, not to blend. It makes sense for babies, but not for DJ's; but it's true that once people know it, they get used to it easily, hence the necessity of having something that flows and not too complicated to spell.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

I recently Changed my Name from Will.d to Will M.D As its my full initials !
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast