Your DJ name?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your DJ name?

Default Your DJ name?

Hi TechTools!

Been DJing for a while now (±10 months) and about to move to another country, where I am hoping to make a few bucks with real gigs (not just student/friends' party).

Taking this seriously, I am obviously thinking of media presence on the internet and whatnot; but I've hit a big one.

Even after a few months of brainstorm, I am sticking to my "Pedrotax" account name for public stuff, but I think it's not the most catchy cool thing for a DJ name. So what is yours and how do you think it has contributed to promote your image? How did you come up with it?

I am at the point where I asked my friends about it, but they don't know much better for most (although some of them gave me good insight).

My real name is Pierre Moreno (I suppose I can trust this forum? ), but I am regularly nicknamed Pedro.

If you think Pedrotax (or my real name) is cool, let me know, maybe I'm overthinking this, although I'm sure a DJ name is supposed to be something one should carefully think about ; but here is a list of names I've came up with:

Pedro K.
    Pedrofunk
    Pedro Sinz
    Pedrofunk
    Pedro M.
    Pedro Much
    Pedro Moreno
    MonoPedro
    Pedro T.

Yes I'm sticking with the whole Pedro thing because I think I'm already too far to take too much of a step back in branding. Plus I'm pretty sure there is a cool thing to do with Pedro, just can't seem to get it right.

I could come up with a bunch of different names more or less genre specific, but the fact is I am more looking for a Paul Van Dyk, Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox (how sick does Carl Cox sound!!!), ect... kind of feel. I am looking into producing and remixing but my tastes and experiences so far range from Dubstep to Nu Disco, French House and even Lounge (Buddha Bar). So I think a versatile name would kind of suit better, while still being appropriate for both a club environment or a wedding/birthday.

I've looked up tons of tutorials online, so please don't point towards other pages, I'd just need knowledgable advice on narrowing down my choices and/or a bit of extra creativity to get that catchiness.

Can you help me DJTT?

Don't forget to post how you found your own DJ name! Always good to hear from more experienced people.

PS: anyone from Switzerland?
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrotax View Post
    I am more looking for a Paul Van Dyk, Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox (how sick does Carl Cox sound!!!)
    Pedro Moreno has a nice sound to it. The 3 names you listed above are actually the artists names.

Thanks

Lucky bastards!
    I thought Paul Van Dyk's real name was something like Matt or Mathias Paul?
    A better example could be Benny Benassi whose real name is Marco
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

well Axwell's real name is Axel, i mean thats pretty close but id agree Pedro Moreno sounds like a proper house/tech house djs name.

I play hoose and soulful house and use my own real name.İn the house genre i think the real full name is good and simple.I dont like it another way.But at last it s your chocie

Good Luck
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

i could picture your actual name as an electronic dj name.i understand that pedro is your nickname and thats legit so anything stemming from that would be cool. but in general i think people that change their real name to something " better sounding" or whatever , are kinda cheesy. they may be great djs and nice people, but in my humble opinion , if youre gonna change your name , change it to something more creative. i know in the name of professionalism that little personal distastes like this need to be disregarded in the name of being arguably more marketable, still just seems wrong on some level to me.

and in case your wondering my momma named me snafu :P
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Pierre Moreno sounds pretty good already to me

i recently changed my dj name from aerodynamite to Formido just thort AD was a bit kiddy n now I'm spinning dubstep in a propper club every week i needed something better, but your real names pretty cool man , id stick to to that
    http://soundcloud.com/formido/
    http://www.beatport.com/artist/formido/291967
    Macbook pro 13" 2010 , Traktor Scratch Pro 2 ,Audio 8, Kontrol X1, CDJ 800's, Arcade Mod Technics 1200, Ecler nuo 5 mixer, Kaoss pad

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    and in case your wondering my momma named me snafu :P
    Then she knew you would become a DJ

Thx for the feedback, Formido does sound indeed better; it just works

Tech Mentor

I think you have been blessed with a good DJ name as it is - Pierre Moreno sounds spot on if you ask me.

I went for Crumar Bit as it’s the original synth (Crumar Bit 99) used by 808 State to make the Pacific State track – frickin love that tune! I Don’t think my selected name has added anything to my DJ career other than funny looks and frowns from my mates though haha!

Quote Originally Posted by crumarbit View Post
    I think you have been blessed with a good DJ name as it is - Pierre Moreno sounds spot on if you ask me.
    That. Pedro Moreno sounds ok as well but Pierre Moreno sounds far out the best to me. Easier to speak out, has a better flow

I came up with the name Subliminal as I always had an interest for how the communication between music and people happens at a sub-conscious level that no one can explain. As there are already dozens of DJs are named like this (there is even a label named like it), I changed it into Sublim&All, making a somewhat ironically meant connection with 'being sublime and all' while I actually make people say 'subliminal' without them even noticing themselves. Now that's thought out eh
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast