A Dj's worst Nightmare happened too me on Saturday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default A Dj's worst Nightmare happened too me on Saturday

So on Saturday, something happened to me that I NEVER thought would happen too me. My gear failed on me.

Yeah. It happened too me. Totally SUCKED

So it was at this house party I was booked too play at at the last minute. Whatever right? I was down. So I went there around 12 cuz i was supposed to play around then. They had a pretty good setup for a house party too! Two technics 1210's(for a house party!) and a rane. So I thought everything was gunna go fine. WRONG I began too setup my traktor Audio 10, but for some freakin reason it WASNT WORKING.

I've setup the Audio 10 a bunch of times. I use it a lot. That night however, I could not for the life of me figure out wtf was going wrong with it. I had it plugged up the right way, usb to computer and then outs to ins on the mixer. However, the usb button that usually flashes green when its connected was not doing so, it was flickering. Like, flickering like it had a weak signal. Also, the Out light up displays were doing the EXACt same thing. There was no signal coming from the box and into the mixer. I seriously cannot figure out what I did wrong that night. I figured i'd post it up on here though for a funny story. I didn't get too play, but it was a house party so its all good.

I was hellllla pissed off though. The only good thing about that night is that i drank for free
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

Tech Mentor

Have you tried a different usb cable? Always bring a spare one, helped me more than once..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Have you tried a different usb cable? Always bring a spare one, helped me more than once..
    Well see here's the thing. I originally thought it could have been that, but I borrowed that USB cord from my Kontrol S2 that night. So when I got back, I plugged the Usb into my S2 and tested it, everything works fine on that end! And then, while I was at my place, I plugged in my Audio 10 and the USB light on the Audio 10 was as bold and connected as it should be!! I have no idea what happened that night lol

Happens occasionally on the audio 10. Normally unplugging it and plugging it back in does the trick straight away. Failing that a restart.

You tried that right?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Happens to the best of us at least it was only a house party and not a paid gig (im assuming it wasn't paid).

also (sorrry but i cant help it), to not too

Tech Guru

Also trying to plug in a different port may help, but now its all gone pete tong

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Happens occasionally on the audio 10. Normally unplugging it and plugging it back in does the trick straight away. Failing that a restart.

You tried that right?
    Yeah bro, I tried all that. I tried restarting the comp, unplugging the usb and the power supply from the audio 10. Both yielded no results, and I was stuck looking sorta like an idiot lol.

But, like you said, at least it was a house party. So its all good. I just want to figure out what happened!

did you make sure you had it set to Vinyl (phono) mode, and not CDJ (line) mode? Also, you would need to connect to ground wire, otherwise the interference would also affect the incoming timecode signal. Also the Needles (if they aren't clean) will muck up the signal.

Trust me, the first few times i spun live with timecode all this stuff happened to me and I was like wtF? Even dust on the needles can really mess up a signal.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Sounds like a problem with the power supply or the outlet it was plugged into.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    did you make sure you had it set to Vinyl (phono) mode, and not CDJ (line) mode? Also, you would need to connect to ground wire, otherwise the interference would also affect the incoming timecode signal. Also the Needles (if they aren't clean) will muck up the signal.

Trust me, the first few times i spun live with timecode all this stuff happened to me and I was like wtF? Even dust on the needles can really mess up a signal.
    That would make sense, except I wasn't even trying to plug it into the vinyls at that point. I was just going to go straight thru the box and into the mixer and use my laptop too warm up, then hit the vinyls. so they weren't even plugged in yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast