33 or 45

Thread: 33 or 45

Default 33 or 45

What's the difference and why one not the other in itch. Clearly know with real vinyl the difference but don't see how it'd make a difference in itch?

Why would Itch do 33 or 45? It doesn't do vinyl control.

Tech Mentor

Its for when you play your 45 rpm mp3s you need to change that setting.

Its for the numark moving platters.

Ahh…makes sense.

In that case, the answer to the OP's question is that it's a feel thing. I'd probably pick 45 if it were me.

Ya I wondered if didn't stem from ns7

Most turntablists perfer 33 rpm. The 45 rpm gets real busy real fast.

For classic vinyl house dj's its mostly the other way around.
    Classic house and disco 12" singles would normally be 45 as it would be better sound quality, and less queburn/wear on the vinyl.
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7

I was really wondering about that. I had gotten familiar with mixing (w/ Serato) at 33 RPM just because I was lazy about switching to 45 RPM when I powered the TT's on. I had a buddy over the other night, and he was all sort of fucked up because of it.

Either way works fine, I feel that 33 RPM would give you a bit more time before having to move the needle though, and that's almost worth it on it's own.

Although, most of my actual vinyl is 45RPM. And haven't figured out mixing on it well enough yet, but it's something that's always on my mind.

(I know, slightly off topic but I keep thinking about it lol)
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Yeah, if using 45 in SSL you might wanna use the 15 min side.
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7