Thoughts on my DJ name please.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thoughts on my DJ name please.

Hey you may have noticed my not so creative username.
    I joined the forum when I had no DJ name whatsoever in mind but yesterday I got a brainwave after months of brainstorming I decided to go with the name "Element"

I was doing my homework and thinking about elements and I just thought that element could totally be a name on the posters of parties I like to go to. I also like that it's very neutral. Since I like to produce and mix deep (and older) dubstep, filth, more artistic dubstep, jump up dnb, older dnb, a little liquid dnb and also a lot of 100 bpm I figured it would not seem out of place with almost everything. A name such as Point.Blank would be out of place with less agressive music IMO.

As a large logo I would like to incorporate the periodic table of elements and as a smaller logo I would like to do something with element 105 called dubnium. (If you someone that does cheap and pro logo's, please share)

My real name is Jeffrey Roekens and I've also seriously considered other names such as Epik, Xstatic (too hardstyle sounding IMO) and quite a while ago Salt & Pepper when there were plans to make an interracial duo, I figured people would remember us for sure then. I'm not racist. Just sayin'

Do you like Element or do you have a better idea ?
    Thanks for your input.

I like Element 105 keep the number

I think you have a sweet last name and should play off of that. Some ideas:

JRoek, Roeken Records, Broeken Records, JRoek Music, Roek the House, Party Roecker lol. Gluck man!

Tech Mentor

Just go for Roeken, sounds good

I say just use your last name.

Tech Guru

I'll whip up a concept real quick.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Convert

i am a firm believer in not picking your own name, sooner or later somebody will give you one and it will stick.

Tech Guru

How's this?

fasdfasd.jpg

Quality gets downgraded when uploaded

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

wow dude, thanks a lot ! But maybe wait with a logo till I choose a name and untill it's really set in stone.

And @the rest of you, using my own name or something similar doesn't really sound that good. There were some cool ideas but like I said they sound a bit funny to me. Keep in mind that we speak dutch here and what may sound great and awesome in English may sound pretty odd or just lame in Dutch.

And being named... I'd like to be in full control since a name is not something to take lightly.

Just go for Jeff Roekens, or maybe alter it into Jeff Rook (Last name pronounced in english )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast