Novation Twitch or Traktor S2
    Tech Convert

Default Novation Twitch or Traktor S2

Ok so I have an avid love for EDM ( mostly dubstep ) and have a very good music backround ( play bass, drums, guitar, and do vocals ) but am now finding myself more and more wanting to start learning to DJ. So my question to you guys / galz is what is the best or the two to start on? I was origionally going to buy the M Audio Xponent but I have a feeling that I may be unhappy with this product after a number of reviews I have read. Im looking for something thats plug and play right out of the box that I can slap some headphones in, read some tutorials, and start practicing my way to learning how to DJ. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I only have about $400 to spend so getting something more expensive is not an option. Thanks again for reading!

*Edit* I would also be open to buying a Xponent with a midi fighter as well so that is also an option
    Last edited by Cur3d; 03-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cur3d View Post
    Ok so I have an avid love for EDM ( mostly dubstep ) and have a very good music backround ( play bass, drums, guitar, and do vocals ) but am now finding myself more and more wanting to start learning to DJ. So my question to you guys / galz is what is the best or the two to start on? I was origionally going to buy the M Audio Xponent but I have a feeling that I may be unhappy with this product after a number of reviews I have read. Im looking for something thats plug and play right out of the box that I can slap some headphones in, read some tutorials, and start practicing my way to learning how to DJ. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I only have about $400 to spend so getting something more expensive is not an option. Thanks again for reading!

*Edit* I would also be open to buying a Xponent with a midi fighter as well so that is also an option
    s2 is solid especially since the price drop, only downside is that its not an s4

Tech Mentor

Are jog wheels an absolute deal breaker for you? If so get an S2.

Do you want slicer mode? If so get a twitch.

You can read some of my experiences with twitch in the serato forums. There is also a twitch owners thread in the controllers forum.

I feel the S2 is a much better beginners product. It has possibly higher resale value if you don't like DJing afterall as well.

I bought twitch though cause I wanted the portability and the "newer and cooler" things which aren't possible with the S2.

Tech Convert

not a deal breaker for me, although i wouldnt know because i have no experience Djing at all. But i think from everything i have read that the S2 is a much better suit for beginners so I think im going to lean in that direction.

Tech Convert

I have a Twitch and love it but In your case I'd recommend the S2.