Trying to find this song, from 1997 possible white label
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Trying to find this song, from 1997 possible white label

Hey DJTT members,

This has been bugging me for many years, and I figured would be an easy question for the experienced people here.

So I first heard this song at a rave in 1997, then found it on a white label breaks record in 2000. I still have the record but I would really like to get a digital copy as it's a pain to rip vinyl.

Any suggestions would be great!

Workflow
    Apple MBP 13", OSX 10.7 Lion, Traktor 2 LE, Audio 2 DJ

Damn, I know I have it, just searched my library but couldnt find it.........title?

be carefull if you end up finding it digital though. I've recently bought a load of classics from Beatprot when they had this 50% off deal, but even though it's 320 kbps, they're worth fuck all when it comes to the sound quality, since they ripped it from vinyl too. (get Josh winks' - "how's your evening so far" from beatport if you want to have a laugh...)
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    Damn, I know I have it, just searched my library but couldnt find it.........title?
    On the record it's titled as "Feel the Groove Dub". But I searched for "Feel the Groove" and nothing even close came up. I'm guessing it was either a reissue of another white label.

I do have the record and purchased a new phono USB preamp, so I'll give it a spin again to convert to digital. One problem is the track is only 2 minutes long but I'll need to loop it a few times to extend the time (or do that in Traktor).
    Workflow

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    be carefull if you end up finding it digital though. I've recently bought a load of classics from Beatprot when they had this 50% off deal, but even though it's 320 kbps, they're worth fuck all when it comes to the sound quality, since they ripped it from vinyl too. (get Josh winks' - "how's your evening so far" from beatport if you want to have a laugh...)
    Yikes, thanks for the heads up. I was going through some of the classics on Beatport and the previews were noticeably less quality than newer tracks. I didn't think they would actually sell poorly ripped vinyl.
    Workflow

My ripped vinyl mp3 from late 90s early 2000 sound far better then bought ones I've downloaded.
    Back then release groups had standards and 192k was the norm. But the cart and recording method was big.

I have yet to be able to replicate the quality from some groups even with same releases. Which sucks because I have a fair collection of test pressing and white labels from mid to late 2000

This sample has also been used on this track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bi_XnntNaE

It is released within the digital era and it's on beatport, so maybe that's an alternative?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Kinda sounds like junkie xl after listening and thinking about it

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

and the "big one" with the sample.

I vaguely remember the bootleg white around that time - probably sitting up in my attic somewhere.
    Last edited by deevey; 03-09-2012 at 09:24 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Oh and the original it was sampled from

Seriously ? only one video embed per post .... grrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast