Jog wheels not working with v4 mapping
    Tech Student

Default Jog wheels not working with v4 mapping

Hello, I tried upgrading my tsi mapping from v3.6.4 to v4 to find that the jog wheels no longer work properly. My VCI is flashed to firmware v 1.4 and the jog wheels work fine with the v3.6.4 mapping, just not with the v4 mapping.
    When I touch the jog wheels in scratch mode, the song stops (pitch set to -100%) but moving them back and forth does nothing. If I touch the outside to pitch bend, I can continuously spin the jog wheels in either direction until the pitch reaches + or - 100% respectively. If I stop spinning them the pitch jumps back to 0%.

If scratch mode is off, the jog wheels do nothing at all.

If I turn fader FX on, however, everything works just the way it should. Also the pitch faders and all the buttons, faders, etc. work fine, only the jog wheels act weird in scratch mode on / off.

So any idea how to help me out?

Thanks.

Tech Student

I have exactly the same problem and can't figure it out

seems like here someone has same problem as we have http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...ci+100+scratch
    Last edited by mixomix; 05-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Tech Student

After some research - it seems like its firmware problem. Traktor does not recognize different MIDI signal when turning "pressed" jog wheel. It is only recognized as one signal.

Someone advised to remap the buttons and explain exactly which ones to remap.

I'm looking for it, cos I need to do it myself! Will pop it in here if im lucky. Saw it ages ago and.... Didnt save the url.

Tech Wizard

I had this happen, all i did was change the sensitivity of the jog wheels to min then back to my preference, using the pots on the back.I think its something to do with the new HD jog wheel and the sensitivity needing to be set after.

Does this help at all?

New features
    ============
    - 4x pitch faders resolutions
    - 4x jog wheel resolution
    - All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
    - Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
    - Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
    - A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    - Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Usage
    =====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
    instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button

Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.