Control Surfaces - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

I own a VCM-600 and it's great for DJing, only issue I have is the clip launching and the loop feature. No real way to loop on the fly with out having to map the clip play section to a button and hit it first then loop. Launching you get lost since you can't zero in on the high lighted clip so I tend to launch the wrong clips often. As for production it makes a solid tack volume and tuning tool (eq filter or what ever plugs you map to it).
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 8, Vestax VCM-600, Technics 1210 MK5 (2), Audio8DJ, Vintage Urei 1620 Rotary Mixer, Bozak CMA-10-2DL Custom Mixer, Kontrol X1 (2), Pioneer EFX-500, Facebook www.DJJasonPaul.com

I'm still not sure what to do, but for the mean time i'm using faders on Lemur to control it.

No APC? I think it's probably the best-laid out option.

The motorized faders on any of the Avid Artist series will work for Ableton because it DOES support HUI / Mackie Control.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I don't think that Ableton does any of the complex protocols...just MIDI.
    Second stop would be the Avid Artist line, though I might remember that it doesn't work at all...Ableton just doesn't speak their language iirc, though almost everything else does.

Third stop would be to switch to Logic, Pro Tools, or Cubase and get one of the above mentioned control surfaces. But, there's a reason that Ableton is considered great for live performance but basically doesn't show up in studios...it's just not that suited to tracking or mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I'm still not sure what to do, but for the mean time i'm using faders on Lemur to control it.
    I prefer Touchable personally, much better and clearer and you get proper meters.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    The APC40 and APC20 by AkaiPro are designed specifically for Ableton. APC stands for Ableton Performance Controller. I believe the Novation Launchpad is also intended for Ableton use.

Here is a full list of controllers that are natively-supported by Ableton:
    http://www.ableton.com/pages/control...ll_controllers
    DJ Template Pro (APC40) Will Marshall

I found an APC40 Template that might find interesting.
    My DJ & Production gear(Pioneer CDJ-400, Numark DXM-06, Rane SL4, Ableton Live 8+4 EIC/The Bridge/Puremagnetik Retro Synths, M4L, Akai APC40(New)& MPD24, Numark NPM5 Active 5" Studio Monitors(New), AA HP 700 & Sennheiser HD 201

Will's APC 40 template is amazing for DJing…but it's useless for production. That's not what it was designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Will's APC 40 template is amazing for DJing…but it's useless for production. That's not what it was designed to do.
    considering i bought dis device last month is there one you would recommended?? quite honestly i haven't research yet... i been trying too implement SSL & Ableton(The Bridge) just recently still working on it thou...

oh yea and your right bout Will Marshall APC40 template def been using primarily i like how the 1+2+3+4 & eqing, looping, fx is setup.... i may one day donate but im also considering I.ll gates too so im not sure which I might invest ha lol
    Last edited by DJ TooHypE; 03-20-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added will & ill gates
    My DJ & Production gear(Pioneer CDJ-400, Numark DXM-06, Rane SL4, Ableton Live 8+4 EIC/The Bridge/Puremagnetik Retro Synths, M4L, Akai APC40(New)& MPD24, Numark NPM5 Active 5" Studio Monitors(New), AA HP 700 & Sennheiser HD 201

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123