Why do people buy gear they have no idea about?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Why do people buy gear they have no idea about?

I was reading the serato forums in the dj intro area and the amount of stuff in there about the vci-400 is amazing.

It basically goes like this.

"now I bought the 400 and I find out I cant use 4 decks with serato wtf ,,,when are we gonna be able to use 4 decks and is it gonna cost me more and if so how much ?"

"I bought a 4 channel mixer and should get a 2 channel software? Its like i buy a car with a 4 zylinder motor and there work only 2."

"Why on earth would a high end, $1K, 4-channel controller be only compatible with entry level/2-channel Serato Intro software and not the higher end/4-channel Serato Itch software? "

I don't understand it, was the product ever marketed as being compatible with ITCH? Do people not read the product descriptions when shelling out 1000 USD? Are people that stupid?]

I'm not having a dig about serato btw, this is entirely a dumb user situation.

i think there is alot of people out there now that buy any equipment without knowing anything about even djing. There's alot of those type on this forum especially O_O

It's gotten really bad now a days due to the trend of music

Umm I use 4decks with itch

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    I was reading the serato forums in the dj intro area and the amount of stuff in there about the vci-400 is amazing.

It basically goes like this.

"now I bought the 400 and I find out I cant use 4 decks with serato wtf ,,,when are we gonna be able to use 4 decks and is it gonna cost me more and if so how much ?"

"I bought a 4 channel mixer and should get a 2 channel software? Its like i buy a car with a 4 zylinder motor and there work only 2."

"Why on earth would a high end, $1K, 4-channel controller be only compatible with entry level/2-channel Serato Intro software and not the higher end/4-channel Serato Itch software? "

I don't understand it, was the product ever marketed as being compatible with ITCH? Do people not read the product descriptions when shelling out 1000 USD? Are people that stupid?]

I'm not having a dig about serato btw, this is entirely a dumb user situation.
    Yeah, most DJs are pretty stupid. People like us who hang around on internet forums researching and talking about gear and technology are a small minority and the average DJ is interested in learning the bare minimum possible.

I also have a ns6 tho so maybe that's why lol

What??!!!? You guys don't know? The best gear makes you the best DJ. My $150 bcd3000 won't get me to Ibiza, but if I spring $4000 on a new MBP, a pair of 1210s, the latest greatest pio mixer, 6 midifighters, and some beats headphones, and some monster cables, THEN I will be pro.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah, most DJs are pretty stupid. People like us who hang around on internet forums researching and talking about gear and technology are a small minority and the average DJ is interested in learning the bare minimum possible.
    I disagree - most DJs I know want to learn more and get better all the time. You do get the barely-skilled kids who work out how to beatmatch and then try to make out the World owes them shows and credit - but as a rule I think people who get into DJing seeing their peers do something new or exciting and want to learn how to do it.

As for people who sit online all day talking about it - that's good in practice if your actually putting those skills to use - it's like masturbation; great on your own but amazing if done with someone else.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah, most DJs are pretty stupid. People like us who hang around on internet forums researching and talking about gear and technology are a small minority and the average DJ is just interested in getting laid.
    fixed it for you
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep
    but if I spring $4000 on a new MBP, a pair of 1210s, the latest greatest pio mixer, 6 midifighters, and some beats headphones (yo), and some monster cables, THEN I will be pro.
    Fixed that for ya.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

P.S - lets not start bitchin' about what gets posted at other forums. It's a slippery slope.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast