bpms always off by .01 or .02 when mixing some tracks in serato itch with ns6?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default bpms always off by .01 or .02 when mixing some tracks in serato itch with ns6?

hey i just got the numark ns6 a few weeks ago, and i noticed that sometimes when i try to mix songs they will match up fine, but some times the bpms will be off by .01 or .02, no matter how carefully i adjust the pitch, they dont match up :/ any idea why or if theres anything i can do about that or is it just how the song is? im pretty sure i have it set to the highest sensitivity (its on range 6)

Itch deal annoying yes but shouldn't be damaging

Tech Mentor

Itch adjusts pitch by percentage rather than bpm. This means that every now and then it will skip 1/100th of a bpm occasionally. It's not a big deal because it means that it would take around 30 or more seconds for it to become noticeable delay in the mix.

Tech Mentor

Its not a problem, just nudge the track back in.. use your ears to detect the drift.

If you want it exact you are going to have to use the sync button. When you press the sync button it will match up the bpm's perfectly.

Use your ears and don't rely on the information fed through the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbite View Post
    Itch adjusts pitch by percentage rather than bpm. This means that every now and then it will skip 1/100th of a bpm occasionally. It's not a big deal because it means that it would take around 30 or more seconds for it to become noticeable delay in the mix.
    Average mix is 1.5 mins requires 2 additional nudges

Quote Originally Posted by glukoze View Post
    hey i just got the numark ns6 a few weeks ago, and i noticed that sometimes when i try to mix songs they will match up fine, but some times the bpms will be off by .01 or .02, no matter how carefully i adjust the pitch, they dont match up :/ any idea why or if theres anything i can do about that or is it just how the song is? im pretty sure i have it set to the highest sensitivity (its on range 6)
    So, you've synced the decks? Or manually matched the pitch and then it drifts? Beatgridding can be the 'problem' here. I use a DX, which uses a rotary encoder for the pitch 'fader' so stepping in thousandth's is very simple, so I can't speak to actually using the fader on this one. I do know when I used a T1 and Traktor utilizing a fader, it would tend to jump or skip a thousandth or two if I wasn't syncing the decks. Really shouldn't be a big issue though, as someone else said, use your ears or pay attention to the phase meter to nudge accordingly.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Honestly I have no issues as don't use sync or grid but odd track it won't go within .05 usually when pitching hard. I did find a trick the other day but for life of me can't remember what I did to fix it. I think i may of just slipped the grid and it worked for that one track. But don't remember

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    won't go within .05
    this is a common issue with the ns6 and currently there is no solution other then using sync or continually nudging offending tracks back in time.

Haha I don't get itch sync or using sync I refuse to use it even on traktor its not really an issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast